News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: [REQUEST] DMCLeaderboards  (Read 265 times)

jbn

[REQUEST] DMCLeaderboards
« on: July 13, 2017, 04:58:07 PM »
Who am I? JBN - Jim Bob Noob, or Jim bob normie, or Jimbob. Whichever you prefer.

What is my site called? DMCleaderboards

What is my site? Deathmatch Classic Leaderboards, a place for competitive DMC games and rankings.

Why should you host me?  The current host SUCKS. Like, really sucks. I just need someone to give me the foundation to work with.

https://DMCleaderboards.neocities.org

Side note: the site looks really bad right now. I'll work on looks soon.

Side side note: If anyone wants to help with design hit me up, I'm terrible at making things look good.

Thomas

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
Re: [REQUEST] DMCLeaderboards
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 05:33:08 PM »
Who am I? JBN - Jim Bob Noob, or Jim bob normie, or Jimbob. Whichever you prefer.

What is my site called? DMCleaderboards

What is my site? Deathmatch Classic Leaderboards, a place for competitive DMC games and rankings.

Why should you host me?  The current host SUCKS. Like, really sucks. I just need someone to give me the foundation to work with.

https://DMCleaderboards.neocities.org

Side note: the site looks really bad right now. I'll work on looks soon.

Side side note: If anyone wants to help with design hit me up, I'm terrible at making things look good.

Hey jbn,

Thanks for getting back to me on Steam and reaching out to HLC. Let me know once you have found a script you want to use for your leaderboard and we can hook you up.

RavenGT

• aka Charlie Cyprus
  • Administrator
  • Scientists
  • I do graphic design.
Re: [REQUEST] DMCLeaderboards
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 02:53:56 PM »
Just an off topic comment, if the problematic host you were referring to is in fact Neocities then I don't think it sucks at all. I have a site there under a different handle, the community and content discovery is fantastic. If you need to run scripts to maintain the rankings and ratings and Neocities isn't accepting them then I understand. Having said that, your web 1.0 look is not an issue at all and in fact I would greatly encourage it without resorting to making it ironically eye bleeding. It is very possible to keep it web 1.0 with all the Times New Roman and table bevel grooves while refining the layout spacing and such.