News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: Counter-Strike beta models  (Read 820 times)

PlayMann

• Roach
Counter-Strike beta models
« on: March 03, 2018, 05:54:57 PM »
Hello there. I need help with something. I want for CS 1.6 beta models and even with their own animations. Is there any way how to do it?

Editor

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
Re: Counter-Strike beta models
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 06:01:58 PM »
Welcome to the forums; can you be a bit more specific in what you are searching for here? Screenshots would be even better, because it sounds like you are simply looking for older versions of CS.

PlayMann

• Roach
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 07:03:41 PM »
Yes, im looking for old versions of CS models, especially trying to get these old models to work with CS 1.6 with their own animations. Here are some screenshots.

PlayMann

• Roach
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 07:05:06 PM »
Oh and thank you for welcoming!  :)

JohnChronic

• Half-Life 1.5 Team
  • Black Op
  • Formerly Abyss 25
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 06:38:11 AM »
http://www.moddb.com/mods/counter-strike/downloads

Might be a good place to start looking, there appears to be some old builds and beta style mods.
Fairly pro texture artist.

PlayMann

• Roach
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 11:12:59 AM »
So when I replaced the retail models with the old models I got consistency error. Anybody know how to prevent this?

JohnChronic

• Half-Life 1.5 Team
  • Black Op
  • Formerly Abyss 25
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 11:53:50 AM »
If I remember correctly this error means the server you're playing on doesn't support custom models. Try starting your own game with consistancy disabled or joining one.

PlayMann

• Roach
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 02:51:25 PM »
Tried and didnt work!   :(

JohnChronic

• Half-Life 1.5 Team
  • Black Op
  • Formerly Abyss 25
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2018, 07:41:29 PM »
That's unfortunate. I'm not really an expert on online mods, but there's probably more rules regarding stuff like hitboxes and animation playback speed than with sp mods. This probably means recompiling the models at the very least.

This is usually a point where a lot of people who are used to "what you see is what you get" game engines get frustrated, but compiling a model isn't especially difficult, it's just time consuming. There's lots of old tutorials floating around.

RavenGT

• aka Charlie Cyprus
  • Administrator
  • Zombie
  • I do graphic design.
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2018, 10:05:26 PM »
So when I replaced the retail models with the old models I got consistency error. Anybody know how to prevent this?

You won't be able to paste over the 1.6 player models with beta player models. I'm 90% sure beta CS uses different player animations than the later retail versions. You need to decompile both the beta models and retail models, then rig the beta mesh to the retail skeleton. That way, you will have the old look but the correct animations in order to connect to servers.