News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: [Request] Sub forum for mod mini redux task force  (Read 2123 times)

Simon

• BSR Team
  • Gman
  • Whiskey brony
[Request] Sub forum for mod mini redux task force
« on: December 30, 2010, 01:41:13 AM »
If you readed this topic then you probably now what I'm talking about, if you didn't then the aim is quite simple, creating small pack for old lesser known mods who lack their own models, or nicer map or even small coding job.
We just need a sub-forum and a SVN repository (or sub-repository depending on how you are managing that stuff), the sub forum won't have any private part since we want to make a community project, packs idea will be discussed and once everybody is okay with it we will post small jobs to do, it will work quite well since the amount of work won't be more than a week for the full pack.
To increase the popularity of the project I will try to get in touch with people of other hl modding website like ModDB of course but also Planet Philip, and to avoid any problem and maybe get more support we will contact the original authors of each mod

Thomas

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
Re: [Request] Sub forum for mod mini redux task force
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 09:56:14 AM »
So a sub forum on this forum? Just want to be clear on what you need.

What shall name it?

Simon

• BSR Team
  • Gman
  • Whiskey brony
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 10:39:21 AM »
Though I was clear enough my bad, yeah a sub forum on this forum please, if things start to get big enough we may need our own forum/website but that's for later, waaaayyy later

Also Mini redux task force, sound good enough, well nobody complained about it ... yet

Thomas

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 04:21:34 PM »
Done, I'll also move the Community Project topic there for nerds.

James

• Administrator
  • Gman
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 06:13:04 PM »
I could make like a gay "code base" for these mods using the Paranoia SDK with some CoF features (particles attached to weapons, first person mdl-based animated camera movements, weapon scripts for iron-sights etc) for nerd purposes

Simon

• BSR Team
  • Gman
  • Whiskey brony
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 01:07:57 AM »
I could make like a gay "code base" for these mods using the Paranoia SDK with some CoF features (particles attached to weapons, first person mdl-based animated camera movements, weapon scripts for iron-sights etc) for nerd purposes
I was planning to make a litle coding myself with more submodels on each enemies entities, I won't say no to your idea