News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: [56K Turbosmooths] Developer's Work-In-Progress Thread Redux  (Read 145557 times)

Norman The Loli Pirate

• Pit Drone
  • Los! Los! Los!
Re: [56K Turbosmooths] Developer's Work-In-Progress Thread Redux
« Reply #3060 on: November 20, 2017, 05:51:55 AM »
Way to quad post for something so stupid.
The helmet has already been changed to black and will have the choice of grey and white in the alts, why does it matter what shade I like better now?

But yeah, not only it looks not very pleasant on its own, it causes major inconsistency. Like i said, the model itself "remakes" the original barney, while the helmet is white like it was on MP barneys or engineers.
Personal opinion. The inspiration for the white came from a few different things, two of them being the old millitary police barneys and old style riot police helmets, plus I didn't like the grey and wanted to keep the black for the barnabus.

But what makes me question the most, is that he said, that cut HL2 Beta helmet is white too. Why? Does it really looks like white? It is gray!
My memory isn't that great, I misremembered what shade an unused barney helmet that's in HL2's game files was, sue me.

Oh, one more thing. ID badge is from beta too. What concept does this model follow then? Is it remaking beta, or retail?
What? How in the blue hell does two things mean I'm trying to remake the beta model? It looks nothing like it.
I took some inspiration and ideas from some of Valve's other models, that's it. Originally I wasn't even going to give the top of the helmet a texture but someone suggested it and after making a quick texture for it I liked that idea. I used the ID tag from the unused construction model because I thought it look better then a grey box with a photo and the Black Mesa logo.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 05:54:34 AM by Norman The Loli Pirate »
Signatures are for nerds

SPRKH

• Cry of Fear Team
  • Gman
« Reply #3061 on: November 20, 2017, 09:40:49 AM »
Nerd fight plx

AleKK

• Scientists
« Reply #3062 on: November 20, 2017, 11:52:37 AM »
Yeah, sorry about that ranting. I don't know, what happened to me, but i want to apologize for all this. This topic really was irrelevant by the time i was writing all this
It's great to be part of the greater good!

H3000

• Roach
  • Lizards runs the world :O
« Reply #3063 on: November 26, 2017, 03:30:33 PM »
I was bored, then i ended up making this demon bitch in Milkshape.
Now i'm wondering... is there a mod that needs a new model pack or something?
I haven't learn to map in HL1 so... :(
Don't really know if it can be used for anything but i totally feel like making more monsters like this.

Thomas

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
« Reply #3064 on: December 02, 2017, 06:58:46 AM »
I was bored, then i ended up making this demon bitch in Milkshape.
Now i'm wondering... is there a mod that needs a new model pack or something?
I haven't learn to map in HL1 so... :(
Don't really know if it can be used for anything but i totally feel like making more monsters like this.

Looks like something that would be right at home in Afraid of Monsters or Cry of Fear.

Josef

• Baby Gargantua
  • Show them online!
    • Bloodbath Softworks
« Reply #3065 on: December 08, 2017, 06:34:02 PM »
Looks like a female version of this guy.