News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Poll

What do you think of the new order of Topics and Categories?

I like the way it was before.
1 (20%)
This new layout is something I can get behind.
3 (60%)
Don't care either way.
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Still kicking and new sections  (Read 3414 times)

Thomas

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
Still kicking and new sections
« on: February 10, 2016, 02:11:14 PM »
Greetings all,

HLC is still around and has seen a small influx of activity in the Half-Life community. Being one of few places left to get your Half-Life modding fix; I thank you all for your contributions to the community. Also, with the release of Sven Coop 5.0, it is worth mentioning that we have some content on HLC that cannot be found elsewhere that is customized to work with Sven; just search the forums to find the goodies.

A new section of the forums has been created to pay tribute to the amount of releases we have seen for several mods. Special thanks to zikshadow and others for their work in updating older, less popular mods with new content.

If you haven't registered an account on the forums, I encourage you to do so; there is a waiting period as we do not like spammers and half-wits registering easily.

All for now!
 :getoutnerd:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 02:16:11 PM by Thomas »

SPRKH

• Cry of Fear Team
  • Gman
Re: Still kicking and new sections
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 04:03:36 PM »
Is there any particular reason why the "content creation" tab is now on top of the "half-life creations" one?  :sagan:

SPRKH

• Cry of Fear Team
  • Gman
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 04:05:44 PM »
You broke my immersion

Geter Priffin

• Combine
  • SUCK ON THIS YOU FURRY LITTLE WEIRDO'S
    • www.titsassesanddicks.cum
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 06:08:30 PM »
Why make people register to get acess to the Content Sections?
It's pretty pointless TBRH.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 06:12:42 PM by Lil'Hunter »

It's, Beautiful.

Thomas

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 06:21:52 PM »
You broke my immersion

Just trying it out, figure that is where people look first anyway. Let me know if you have a strong opinion either way.

Why make people register to get acess to the Content Sections?
It's pretty pointless TBRH.

Because spam bots piss me off. We are looking at newer tech available to facilitate a better registration system. So no, it isn't pointless.

SPRKH

• Cry of Fear Team
  • Gman
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 06:37:49 PM »
You broke my immersion

Just trying it out, figure that is where people look first anyway. Let me know if you have a strong opinion either way.

It threw me off for a second since the lay-out hasnt changed... ever? Might just need to get used to the switch, but I honestly dont see much point: registered users are familiar with the "old" order, and unregistered users can't see those boards anyway.

Can also see a 'private' tab with a 'hosted' sub-forum which I probably shouldn't be able to see (there's nothing interesting in there anyway). Maybe move the nerd pitt to the archives?

SPRKH

• Cry of Fear Team
  • Gman
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 01:13:07 PM »
Also +1 for the content forums visible to guests. Right now people who dont have an account can't even look at any forums besides Tools&Tutorials, Announcement and archives, let alone download any stuff.

Yup, as an outsider there's no incentive to register on these boards.

While we're at it, maybe add the possibility to put your steam username in your forum profile? Nobody uses icq, aim, msn or yim.

Josef

• Baby Gargantua
  • Show them online!
    • Bloodbath Softworks
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 03:18:43 PM »
Also +1 for the content forums visible to guests. Right now people who dont have an account can't even look at any forums besides Tools&Tutorials, Announcement and archives, let alone download any stuff.

While we're at it, maybe add the possibility to put your steam username in your forum profile? Nobody uses icq, aim, msn or yim.

Yeah, I always thought it was weird how the dead HIT forums had a steam profile link up but this forum doesn't.

Thomas

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2016, 04:07:14 PM »
Guests can now see the Custom Content sections, but I am hesitant to allow them to say download attachments without logging in.

Gamer profiles added, check them out under your forum profile info. Mod includes them console thingers too. Not perfect, but a good step.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 04:12:19 PM by Thomas »