News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: [56K Turbosmooths] Developer's Work-In-Progress Thread Redux  (Read 129311 times)

Thomas

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
Re: [56K Turbosmooths] Developer's Work-In-Progress Thread Redux
« Reply #3000 on: November 28, 2016, 10:11:29 AM »
files.half-lifecreations.com/users/editor321/tankz0r.zip

Thought for sure this was released with the rest of the Invasion Redux stuff.

zikshadow

• Combine
  • Somehow, I'm still alive.
« Reply #3001 on: November 28, 2016, 12:34:23 PM »

Yep, that's way better.
Might as well put the old texture here for archiving purposes.

https://www.mediafire.com/?x06zs9j8h4c8c6r

zikshadow

• Combine
« Reply #3002 on: December 05, 2016, 12:11:56 PM »
1080p monitor just broke out of nowhere for no reason while i was doing stuff, it's toast for now. Currently using the old 768p CRT one.
Meanwhile, been updating some old Remods.
Starting with the first, Tour of Duty.

I'm not really a fan of these arms (hence why i've never used them before in any of my Remods), but i really got nothing else that can be used as proper (easy to rig with) bare arms.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 01:03:07 PM by zikshadow »

zikshadow

• Combine
« Reply #3003 on: December 31, 2016, 11:58:24 PM »
Yay, new year, i guess.

Anyway, updating Cthulhu. Again.
(Just can't drop you, can i, Cthulhu - An Unspeakable Mod?)

Hated the maze, decided to get rid of the xenlight's "turn off when close" thing and added crystals (color coded, of course) to ease navigation.
Oh, yeah, made the HUD highres as well.

Got the Cultists additional animations from Sven Coop and ACTs that i assume were HGrunt-based, they now reload, with other animations sort-of-hacked-up in an effort to make them seem like they're doing stuff (flinching for instance is basically a drawing animation reversed, taking cover from grenades is the crowbar crouching anim, etc).
Also got them to open their mouths by rigging them to old HL player rig, though that kinda caused some oddities (that hopefully no one notices).

Anyway, despite all that, they still stare, which kinda led me to believe that the .dll itself is what's wrong.

Reskinning some of the monsters i've missed before, and imbecilic past me's mistake of not changing the hilariously ridiculous BatGman is now rectified.

I've also been modifying the map entities, adding door sounds to all func_door_rotatings that apparently didn't have movesounds and changing the func_walls in the streets that allow you to break the maps into func_illusionary (that thankfully PhilG already put CLIPs in, so its not going to get you through walls).

(I know at this point I probably should've just taken the HoENE initiative and actually remake the entire mod, maps and codings included, but i'm kinda way too lazy and unskilled, both in Lovecraft lore & Goldsource development stuff to keep myself "sane".)

EDIT :

- Added signs all over The Shadow over Innsmouth, there's glows as well if players don't want to explore and just get to the docks.

- Gave the gangsters the same thing as the cultists, 'cept this time i cut their idle animations completely, while there's still some stares, they do act a lot more this time around, definitely hard to beat The Mob with these guys on higher difficulties.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 07:54:36 AM by zikshadow »

James

• Administrator
  • Gman
« Reply #3004 on: January 05, 2017, 02:17:10 PM »
Also, if James still reads this pile of sweat - You Fuckers at DICE stole my thunder TWICE, I AM ON TO YOU.  :getoutnerd:

I got a nostalgia rush and came back on here (as it's HLC's 10 year anniversary in a few weeks) and look what I found!

What did they do?

toadie

• Global Moderator
  • Combine Captain
  • Terrible artist, Animator and Programmer.
« Reply #3005 on: January 15, 2017, 03:32:32 AM »
Short answer is the BF Hardline DLCs have M1903A1s and SIG Stgw57/510s (which was,up until I made one, basically never done in a game or mod,ever) in them, and the release dates on them basically line up with them being made after or around the time I was making mine.
Still, jokes on them, because my 510 is still the better one.

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
« Reply #3006 on: January 24, 2017, 09:52:23 AM »
It happens. Mostly when people post up their max files online, I've seen them get chopped up and shit for studio work without a penny or acknowledgement.

Next time put in a deliberate mistake and see if it gets duplicated by a lazy modeller box modelling around it :P

/Edit, in the spirit of the thread:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 02:09:08 PM by Alex »

zikshadow

• Combine
« Reply #3007 on: March 10, 2017, 02:04:51 AM »
Been remodding NatO for the past week.

The NPCs here (the civilians, at least, not the terrorists) use custom anims that utilize Gearbox's rig instead of AI's, and my skills at completely rigging an entire other model to another skeleton is highly questionable, hence the freakish frankenstein monsters you see before you.

The mod uses transparency for its HUD rather than additive, so I had to make up something that pops out in both light and dark environments compared to the original's emboss-like dark blue font.

Decided to change the weapons due to preference and because the shell.mdl is shared between the 9mmhandgun & 9mmAR, despite the fact that they do not share ammo.

Couldn't find a lot of good highres model replacement for some of the props, so I ended up going the lazy route and up the original texture res + adding overlays.

"Rosenberg" (Trevor) and the lady right next to him only shows their upper torsos, hence the lack of stuff on their undersides, the fireman's face also is never shown, hence why I didn't bother replacing it.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 02:59:35 AM by zikshadow »

The ghost of Cliffmas FALs

• HoE Project
  • Combine
  • Carl Gustaf Zapman
« Reply #3008 on: May 24, 2017, 12:49:28 PM »
Dunno if anyone here is into the Smods but I made a couple of things with Toadie's G36 models

Quote from: Robbe 15/05/13, 4:31 AM
I wish I got to meet nerds IRL
[10:01:59 AM] A.I. Khan: damn those are some fucking hot tits
[10:12:50 AM] Be "Bee-key" key: proof thomas brought spork to life and said "we'll name this child spork, eh".

zikshadow

• Combine
« Reply #3009 on: May 26, 2017, 08:22:26 AM »
Been merging Half-Payne with the Black Ops mod.
Had a poll at ModDB to whether or not I should make it Max Payne themed or keep it Black Ops themed, got the latter.

XChiz

• Zombie
  • Maybe
« Reply #3010 on: June 05, 2017, 06:47:17 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?edit=vd&v=vv4ytiqWCJw

Here's a messy video update of a thing I'm working with Cliffy.

Thomas

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
« Reply #3011 on: June 06, 2017, 05:38:27 AM »
Pretty happy that I recognize a good chunk of those models.

Josef

• Baby Gargantua
  • Show them online!
    • Bloodbath Softworks
« Reply #3012 on: June 06, 2017, 08:04:51 AM »
The tommygun and the bolt action rifle from The Wastes really look odd amongst the selection of the other models you've chosen.

Norman The Loli Pirate

• Soldier
  • Still pretty lazy Extra weeb
« Reply #3013 on: June 06, 2017, 11:14:34 PM »

Some pro LD stuff for Sven Co-op's newerish classic mode because working on LD models is fun. I'm waiting on our animator to finish some stuff but they haven't gotten back to me in a while so I started working on LD models to keep me busy.
Fixing up the models and keeping them close to the original models but better, fake glowy effects because I can, improved LD HEV arms, and redid the LD medkit. For whatever reason I've redone every medkit model in this game.
Don't worry too much about the missing right hand on the Crossbow and Shotgun, I'm a turbo nerd and use a high FOV so everyone else will probably never see it. But knowing me I'll fix it anyways.

On a completely unrelated note my K70 keyboard is already starting to go on me, randomly losing power if I move the cable the wrong way and some of the keys not registering on the first press, and I've only had the frickin thing for about two years.
Signatures are for nerds

Thomas

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
« Reply #3014 on: June 07, 2017, 12:01:34 PM »
Some really pro looking stuff there pal. I got a solar keyboard over 5 years ago now, never looked back.

RavenGT

• aka Charlie Cyprus
  • Administrator
  • Scientists
  • I do graphic design.
« Reply #3015 on: June 07, 2017, 01:36:08 PM »
Some pro LD stuff for Sven Co-op's newerish classic mode because working on LD models is fun.

Fixing up the models and keeping them close to the original models but better, fake glowy effects because I can, improved LD HEV arms, and redid the LD medkit. For whatever reason I've redone every medkit model in this game.
I've been playing a lot of Sven Co-op lately and I really needed some kind of default remesh replacement. Cool to see someone is actually doing it.

Norman The Loli Pirate

• Soldier
« Reply #3016 on: June 07, 2017, 02:56:55 PM »
Some really pro looking stuff there pal. I got a solar keyboard over 5 years ago now, never looked back.
I used to have a IBM model M that my dad gave me when we built my first PC together and it was a tank, unfortunately some of the keys stopped working on it so I used that as a bit of an excuse to upgrade and at the time the K70 was on sale so I got that.

I've been playing a lot of Sven Co-op lately and I really needed some kind of default remesh replacement. Cool to see someone is actually doing it.
Me and DGF have plans to improve all of the default weapons, make them look and sound less like ass and balance them better. Not really sure when we are going to start on that since DGF is busy for the next few months and we probably have to find some animators because the only one we have on the team right now has been MIA for a while.
Signatures are for nerds

RavenGT

• aka Charlie Cyprus
  • Administrator
  • Scientists
  • I do graphic design.
« Reply #3017 on: June 08, 2017, 12:50:46 PM »
Found this from 2006, not quite a work in progress nor is it recovered HIT stuff because apparently I did not have any of the files downloaded (doh).

XChiz

• Zombie
  • Maybe
« Reply #3018 on: June 09, 2017, 05:39:45 AM »
The tommygun and the bolt action rifle from The Wastes really look odd amongst the selection of the other models you've chosen.

The whole purpose of it was to re-animate LD models from mods and put it to one big pack for SC.

Found this from 2006, not quite a work in progress nor is it recovered HIT stuff because apparently I did not have any of the files downloaded (doh).

"Quick, Simple, No BS". That looks really nice. Clean, though a bit lacking in my opinion. If it is going to be used, perhaps adding file size info and some description?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 05:42:06 AM by XChiz »

Thomas

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
« Reply #3019 on: June 09, 2017, 11:35:43 AM »
and we probably have to find some animators because the only one we have on the team right now has been MIA for a while.

I put a bug in Cliffy's ear about this.

Norman The Loli Pirate

• Soldier
« Reply #3020 on: July 06, 2017, 02:31:50 PM »
Being the nerd I am I continue to work on my improved LD models for whatever reason.

Lots of UV-map fixes and texture edits.
Has way less texture stretching and the body was made longer so you can't see the end of it.
The lens on the scope has its proper texture instead of using the screen texture.
Made the wood grip modeled out instead of just on the texture.
Gave the rocket the fins from rpgrocket.mdl,
The screen and little lights on the scope glow.

Lots of UV-map fixes and texture edits.
Gave the chrome tube and wire textures found in the SDK.
Made the blue energy parts on the spinny doohickey not look like crap and glow.
Added the handle as an option because I never liked how the Gauss was one handed.

Hivehand is mostly just UV-map fixes and minor texture edits.
May give the eyes a slight glow.

Grenade is a bit meh looking, the original model doesn't give you much to work with so I may just completely redo everything.

The Satchel is using higher quality textures found in the SDK plus some parts taken from the SD Satchel model.
The screen on the side glows

UV-map fixes and a new texture for the button and chrome parts.
The button slightly glows. It seems originally Valve intended to make it glow since it has the _bright $texrendermode in the texture's name
Signatures are for nerds

RavenGT

• aka Charlie Cyprus
  • Administrator
  • Scientists
  • I do graphic design.
« Reply #3021 on: July 10, 2017, 06:23:10 PM »
Being the nerd I am I continue to work on my improved LD models for whatever reason.
None of the images loaded for me at first, then just when I was about to make a post all but the first one loaded. If catbox.moe is giving you trouble, give mixtape.moe a try. Looking forward to these LD edits!

Norman The Loli Pirate

• Soldier
« Reply #3022 on: July 11, 2017, 09:05:32 AM »
None of the images loaded for me at first, then just when I was about to make a post all but the first one loaded. If catbox.moe is giving you trouble, give mixtape.moe a try. Looking forward to these LD edits!

Sorry about that, if you are still having problems with my images I'll re-upload them somewhere else.
Signatures are for nerds

zikshadow

• Combine
« Reply #3023 on: July 14, 2017, 11:55:43 AM »
For the longest time I've been trying to redo Chemical Existence's weapons (funny enough, in my searches in the ruins of HIT, I found my old thread going back to 2010 requesting exactly that, I guess it has been that long).

Heck, I've done numerous attempts to do it before, with mixed success.

Though finally, I think I've got it right, maybe.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 11:58:33 AM by zikshadow »

Thomas

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
« Reply #3024 on: July 14, 2017, 11:57:07 AM »
Board with a nail in it.

10/10

Can't wait for a release pal.

zikshadow

• Combine
« Reply #3025 on: July 16, 2017, 03:26:33 AM »
Despite the fact that I've been telling myself from the start to not touch the NPCs due to how weird the rigs are and how bad I am at doing this kinds of stuff, I ended up disobeying my own conscious and did it anyway.

Not seen here is the monster_soldier's right arm stretching when doing his idle1 animation, I have no idea how to fix that, I've tried moving the arms around, rigging the vertexes to a different joint, using the old hand meshes, it always looks screwed up.

I'm also using the old sniper model that I reskinned since I don't quite know how to make a lower poly world model from an existing model yet, yeah, the Uzi that Spike is using there is pretty much butchered of vertices.

Thomas

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
« Reply #3026 on: July 18, 2017, 08:31:56 PM »
Blew the dust off.

Kids today don't pay attention to texture slippage I tell ya.

Vulpine Complex

• Administrator
  • Black Op
« Reply #3027 on: July 18, 2017, 08:59:10 PM »
From the 'Will probably never see the light of day' folder.

It's Paradigm Shift with NPCs ripped from HL: Source and HL2. Play as HECU, murder all xenos.

The303

• Scientists
« Reply #3028 on: July 18, 2017, 10:27:33 PM »
Blew the dust off.

Yeah slippage from compile/decompile has been a long time issue but if you missed it I have a Milkshape/3ds/blender quick fix that works pretty well:
http://www.the303.org/tutorials/gold_uvfix.htm

Also the new Sven SDK studiomdl.exe seems to not shift as badly on compile.  Only issue is that it may mess up on very teeny details.

AleKK

• Roach
« Reply #3029 on: July 19, 2017, 01:03:46 AM »
Blew the dust off.

You know, i've seen a lot of skins, and i can say, that a very few people knows about UV shifting, even more "professional" ones. I think, that even if you tell them about it, they'll continue to ignore that. This may sound rude, but that's kind if impression it gives
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 01:06:32 AM by AleKK »
It's great to be part of the greater good!