News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: Post what you're currently playing! [Screenshots] [56k is a JPEG saved in paint]  (Read 29377 times)

Vulpine Complex

• Administrator
  • Black Op
Well, music has a Currently Listening thread, so games needs a Currently Playing thread.

Command & Conquer 4. Take C&C, remove anything remotely C&C and add Company of Heroes-styled gameplay. Mix and serve.

Oh, and RPG elements. Because every game needs RPG elements now, right?

Anton

• Gman
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_JXoJ_CV3m0s/TT3rSLu2HpI/AAAAAAAAAiM/BLRcJ3YJGtk/s1600/morrowind_0506_screen008.jpg

Morrowind, one of my favorite games.

I'm actually looking forward to Skyrim even though it looks like an action RPG and I never played a mainly fighter character in any other Elder Scrolls.

D3ads

• Gman
  • Stoj! Opasna Zona!
    • Moddb Profile
Does 56k actually still exist now? lol

I'm playing Dead Space on my PS3, but here's a random PC screenshot;

Anton

• Gman
I played a little Dead Space back sometime and the thing I remember the most is running around among dead bodies and them flying everywhere.

SPRKH

• Cry of Fear Team
  • Gman

Ruining lives with BerZerK

James

• Administrator
  • Gman
The best clan to be in.

ErebusTheDark

Nah.

Imperial Wizard

• BSR Team
  • Big Momma

FUCK THE POLICE.
Ah?

Matuka

• Hosted
  • Big Momma
What settings you playing JC2 on? Looks GOD AWFUL. Got up to the point where you've gotta Do some work for that guy and take out those 4 bases in the snow covered mountains :D

Thomas

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
Portal 2 is going to be $59.99.

Pretty much stopped me from buying it.

ErebusTheDark

That's like when Blue Shift was being sold for $40.

D3ads

• Gman
  • Stoj! Opasna Zona!
    • Moddb Profile
Or any COD game for $50...

Da Fat Cat

• Baby Gargantua
It's $50, not $60.  $40 if you're preordering with a pal, which I would assume most people are doing.
...I remember my early puberty, used to masturbate to the newly released HD model pack that came with the Half-Life Blue Shift video game.

Alexandra

• Angry Dyke
  • Baby Gargantua
It's $50, not $60.  $40 if you're preordering with a pal, which I would assume most people are doing.

Canada.

Da Fat Cat

• Baby Gargantua
lol canadians
...I remember my early puberty, used to masturbate to the newly released HD model pack that came with the Half-Life Blue Shift video game.

Trilkin

• HoE Project
  • Combine Captain
Great thread idea, Danny.

Look at you, hacker -
a pathetic creature of meat and bone,
panting and sweating as you run through my corridors.
How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

I for one welcome the coming of our Dark Lady of Cyberspace to lift our wretched species from its miserable slough.

...Anyhow...

I'm currently playing System Shock, a grand old 90's shooter/rpg hybrid that just about defines the word classic.

For anyone who's interested, I suggest you try it.

Check it out here...
http://www.systemshock.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=3b584248b7e97d27020194ec3d4f1aad&topic=211
It's been made into a convenient "portable" module that you can upload to a USB stick and take with you wherever you go.

And just so we're clear, this Portable project caught the attention of one of System Shock's leading team members, Robert "Xemu" Fermier. He gave this project his okay and has even praised it.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 09:44:28 PM by Trilkin »

D3ads

• Gman
  • Stoj! Opasna Zona!
    • Moddb Profile
I'm a big fan of System Shock 2, but I've never played Shock 1 because it's always been incredibly hard to get hold of, this might actually be just what I need to actually play it. I wish they'd do a remake though.. or a third game by Looking Glass.

Anyway.. currently playing Dead Space Extraction on PSwee, it's an on-rails shooter which acts as a prequel to the first game. It's pretty so far although I'm not used to having my movement taken away, I hate trying to grab stuff quickly with kinesis only for the camera to move suddenly and I can't face the right way again. Really damn annoying when you need to solve puzzles whilst enemies keep spawning and you have to fend them off whilst stationary, you'd be able to move if it was real!

Anton

• Gman
Well it is an on-rails game. You could say that in a first person shooter if it was real you would be able to flip the enemies off before shooting them.

2smartass

Slider

• BSR Team
  • Black Op

James

• Administrator
  • Gman
I want to see how good your are in versus, so that I might possibly have a 1337 nerd to play with.

Alexandra

• Angry Dyke
  • Baby Gargantua
I want to see how good your are in versus, so that I might possibly have a 1337 nerd to play with.

Go hunt down that faggy Jew we used to play with. All he does anymore is rage at World of Tanks.

Trilkin

• HoE Project
  • Combine Captain
Finished SS1 this afternoon, now I'm playing SS2. Currently playing as an OSA Agent (a psychic commando of sorts).

Thomas

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
Good thing you got some mods installed so the graphics don't assault you.

Da Fat Cat

• Baby Gargantua

I'll play versus with you.  Playing with you and Danboe and other assorted nerds is always fun.

Trilkin

• HoE Project
  • Combine Captain
Good thing you got some mods installed so the graphics don't assault you.
Eheheh, I'm not a OMG!!Greffixks! whorebag, but even I was wee bit disappointed when I first played.

funnily enough (if I'm remembering right) even back when it was released, SS2 got a bit grumbling for its polygonal graphics. They were sub-par even back then.

Take the character models in Thief II; they're primitive by today's standards, but they still do a good job of representing what they supposed.

SS2 was released in 1999, only one year prior to Thief 2. Yet the difference in model quality is striking. It's odd that there's such a stark disparity.

I'm a big fan of System Shock 2, but I've never played Shock 1 because it's always been incredibly hard to get hold of, this might actually be just what I need to actually play it. I wish they'd do a remake though.. or a third game by Looking Glass.

Even luckier for you, this version of the System Shock Portable module supports mouselook, quite a quaNtum leap for the game.
In case you weren't aware, SS1 was a pre-mouselook game. You could use the mouse to aim and shoot, but the screen would not move with you.
I actually played and completed the game twice before without mouselook before this update and didn't think it was that bad. The game was so good that I was able to adapt to the lack of mouselook.
The mod lets you switch between mouselook and regular interactive functions by pressing E. Why the need to switch? Because the mouselook one crippling weakness is that it's horrible to use in the Cyberspace Hubs. The mouselooking in the VR hubs is really loose and your view kind of floats...it's kind of hard to describe.
Bottom line, use mouselook in the "real world" and switch it off when you go into cyberspace.

All in all, it's a great feature that makes playing the game slightly easier, though that's not saying much; the game is still brutal and unrelenting with or without ML.

Some enemies (like Executive Bots, Security 1 Bots, Security 2 Bots, and Cyborg Elites) can blow you ass to Mars and back. No joke, you REALLY have to pay attention or you're screwed. The examples I just gave are some of the worst enemies in the game and can often kill you in 3-4 shots (depending on the circumstances). And I haven't even gotten into SHODAN's mutant playthings...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 08:55:19 AM by Trilkin »

Imperial Wizard

• BSR Team
  • Big Momma

Best game I've played in a while
Ah?

Anton

• Gman
I laughed my head off at their dialogue, being swedish and all.

Have you seen their expansion they made? It's grand!

Imperial Wizard

• BSR Team
  • Big Momma
Yeah, Magicka vietnam looks awesome!
Ah?

Slider

• BSR Team
  • Black Op

Anton

• Gman
So you can have a lego man head or something? Everything I remember from Dead Rising is you simply could never ever save.

At the moment I am playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R SoC and using the Oblivion Lost mod, pro shit!