News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: Post what you're currently playing! [Screenshots] [56k is a JPEG saved in paint]  (Read 29394 times)

Josef

• Baby Gargantua
  • Show them online!
    • Bloodbath Softworks
Trust me, Spork. I've beaten that steaming pile of shit of a game and it doesn't get any better, so you've made the right decision stopping.

Geter Priffin

• Combine
  • SUCK ON THIS YOU FURRY LITTLE WEIRDO'S
    • www.titsassesanddicks.cum
Trust me, Spork. I've beaten that steaming pile of shit of a game and it doesn't get any better, so you've made the right decision stopping.
Oh will you just Shut the Hell Up, Stop giving Shit to a Video Game Classic.
Be Glad System Shock 2 exists, because if it didn't we would have had no Bioshock, Dishonored, & Deus Ex...

Show some Respect for once.

It's, Beautiful.

zikshadow

• Combine
  • Somehow, I'm still alive.
Be Glad System Shock 2 exists, because if it didn't we would have had no Bioshock, Dishonored, & Deus Ex...

Calm down, lad.

Just because a game is a historic foundation doesn't mean that it doesn't have flaws.
Besides, these are all opinions, people's tastes are different from each other, so of course there is possibility of someone loving and hating a game like this.

Like how everyone praised Wolfenstein 3D, but i can't play it for more than 30 minutes due to how confusing the maze-like samey layout is.

Or the new Tomb Raider that i have doubts on getting for being too accessible to casuals (white ledges and "highlight everything vision", everyone?), having too much action than TR2, and generally feel less adventure-puzzle than its predecessor.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 07:01:07 AM by zikshadow »

Geter Priffin

• Combine

Calm down, lad.

Just because a game is a historic foundation doesn't mean that it doesn't have flaws.
Besides, these are all opinions, people's tastes are different from each other, so of course there is possibility of someone loving and hating a game like this.

Like how everyone praised Wolfenstein 3D, but i can't play it for more than 30 minutes due to how confusing the maze-like samey layout is.

Or the new Tomb Raider that i have doubts on getting for being too accessible to casuals (white ledges and "highlight everything vision", everyone?), having too much action than TR2, and generally feel less adventure-puzzle as its predecessor.
Yeah you're pretty much right about that, I do respect some peoples opinions but his was a bit harsh.
Still not everyone likes a certain thing I Guess.

It's, Beautiful.

Trilkin

• HoE Project
  • Combine Captain
Playing another good old warhorse... Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.

On a midnight drive with Major Grillo. Clean air, wide open space...blowing guys' heads off with a .50 cal...yep, we got got everything we need to relax.

A somewhat quiet moment with Captain Ramsey. A small break from the action in what is a very chaotic mission.

Now that's a sweet ride!

Meting out some carnage with mah boomstick in the level "Command Post" in mission 4. Probably one of my very favorite missions of all. It's very well designed, very atmospheric, the fights are fun and well paced. The enemies are mostly higher ranking enemies like elite sentries, Heer and SS officers, and tank commanders. I often trying to sneak around with the Hi Standard as long as possible, just for fun.  Also, blowing up two King Tigers is like icing on a cake.

Ruining some of the Germans' shit in my spiffy King Tiger.

Hunting the most dangerous game.

Owning a Heer officer with the Hi Standard, one of my very favorite weapons.

Tearing my way to the exit with the very badass StG44.

Thomas

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
Need to play the Doom2 mod Blade of Agony if you want a MOH: AA style romp with lots of epicness. Google it for max funs.

zikshadow

• Combine
Oh yeah, MoHAA, haven't played that in a while.
Funny because i never removed it off my computer for some reason.

The "stealth" disguise missions are my favorite, all the way to the expansion packs.
Always liked some missions with variety like that, really breaks it after getting shot a lot by these guys.

Unfortunate that the expansion packs REALLY limits you of ammunition and weapon choice, particularly since some enemy dropped weapons are not pickable for some reason.
Really brings painful memories during the Italy missions of Breakthrough when you're stuck with nothing.
No, i wasn't wasting all of my bullets on rocks, they really did ran out.
I had to save the soldier from the executioner by using my last Beretta magazine on the officer and whip-flinch the others, barely made it.

MoH's night levels are always atmospheric, i liked most of them.
Also, nice cameo from Underground, sad that it was for only like, a line or two.

Spearhead's Bastogne can sod off.
The turret section was bloody awful, whoever designed that probably smoked something and forgot to set the difficulty settings to "fair" instead of "a lunatic's description of fair".
The "protect the line" mission was a bit piss on my socks, though the level after that was okay.

The Berlin levels are fun.
Tank part is a lil' odd, i don't remember health kits for tanks being a thing in MoH...

AA's Bocage missions are kind of a pain, fogs and shrubs hide enemies while they clearly open fire at you with little problem.

Also, snipers, hidden in the middle of nowhere.
Don't get me started on Sniper's Last Stand or the early foggy forestry levels of Schmerzen.
Many Powells died that day.

Omaha was simply awesome, reminds me of a particular movie...
(yes i know ol' Steven wrote this)

Love the fact that if you spam the alarm button till it stops ringing automatically in "Die Sturmgewehr" after blowing the weapons cache up, the nazis that spawn would still think you're an officer and wouldn't fire, even the ones outside didn't do anything (except the mg spotlights, but they're scripted so that's that).

I remember hating the mortar section of Breakthrough the first time i played it, but getting used to it in subsequent playthroughs, it's not that bad.
Still tedious though since it's all guesswork and you're screwed if the tanks get close.

Really loved MoHAA and it's expansion packs for the most part.
Probably gonna replay them in a bit.
Just need to replace the weapon sounds so it won't be a 1:1 replay.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 10:28:24 PM by zikshadow »

Josef

• Baby Gargantua
  • Show them online!
    • Bloodbath Softworks
I've been being a console nerd and have been playing the Uncharted games.

Thomas

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
I've been being a console nerd and have been playing the Uncharted games.

Played those last summer, they were alright. I recall Uncharted 2 not being that great for its quicktime events. 4 looks like it might be a good title for the PS4.

Josef

• Baby Gargantua
  • Show them online!
    • Bloodbath Softworks
I really liked them but they definitely had their flaws; like rolling when you're trying to cover and Drake generally just being stupid and jumping to (nonexistent) objects that I clearly wasn't pointing to. :argh: But they were still entertaining.

e/ Also yeah, I'm really looking forward to Uncharted 4. It looks great.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 09:35:30 AM by Josef »

Thomas

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
Gaming related: The foam on my headset is starting to decay; might need to seek out replacement foam or new headset.

This is the current one I am using
http://www.amazon.ca/Logitech-Stereo-Headset-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B000OAHOVO

Thoughts?

Josef

• Baby Gargantua
  • Show them online!
    • Bloodbath Softworks
A lot of my friends recommend Sennheiser equipment but I dunno.

Geter Priffin

• Combine
Been playing the Desert Combat Mod for Battlefield 1942, now I truly see where Battlefield 2 got its roots from.

Also I've been playing recently been playing one of Techlands First Video Games, take a Wild Guess what it is.

It's, Beautiful.

Josef

• Baby Gargantua
  • Show them online!
    • Bloodbath Softworks
DOOOOOOOOOM!

SPRKH

• Cry of Fear Team
  • Gman
You so naghty joe

zikshadow

• Combine
So i finally finished Papers, Please.

Goodness me, it's again one of those games that got my hands shaking after i was finished with it.

Who knows it could be actually be fun to be on a border checkpoint in the olden days?
Though real-life would probably be more boring (and dangerous) than this, ah well.

The rules piling up day after day can really put a bit of a stress, though thankfully the only time i got a -5 citation was at the final day, the others being fillied with last warnings.

I was conflicted between denying someone or detaining them, but i found that denying them seem to go just a tiny bit faster, so i mostly just deny /& reason stamp people if there's any discrepancy.

I was a bit curious about EZIC, but decided against following it, looking at that gestapo-looking secret service guy definitely helped.

Escaping was also a no go, i'd figured if i escape i'll probably get some bad ending immediately or something.

I did help a few people in, at the cost of me getting a citation, though it's good for the feels.

Arrested Wens, knowing the time period and location, he's getting the rifle anyways.

Never missed a single shot, thankfully.

Don't know if i'm gonna ever replay it again to see the other endings, i figured the other ending's probably have got to do with you escaping or joining EZIC, but i never figured it would go up to 20.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 08:12:21 AM by zikshadow »

Thomas

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
Just a heads up, HLC got curator status on Steam, not like that is hard or anything.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/halflifecreations/curation

Let me know if there is stuff I should add.

Geter Priffin

• Combine
Just a heads up, HLC got curator status on Steam, not like that is hard or anything.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/halflifecreations/curation

Let me know if there is stuff I should add.
Doom, Quake, Unreal Series.

It's, Beautiful.

SPRKH

• Cry of Fear Team
  • Gman
Finished max payne 3 recently. It felt like a drag. There's a minute of cutscenes for every minute you play. The cover system makes bullet dodging unnecessary, leading to the impression that it's just tacked on. Its only real use for me was when engaging bigger groups while being low on ammo. Max as a character is utterly depressing to "play as," and all the other characters are barely memorable. Oh that one kid got burned? Nobody cares.

tl;dr

Trilkin

• HoE Project
  • Combine Captain
System Shock 2, Max Payne 3? Lots of polarizing games in this thread lately. Here's another to add to the pile....

Oh look, I found a Tome of Power!

In Nazi Germany, door slams you!

Me getting blitzed by a bunch of SS in a bunker beneath a farm...no really.

'Dat Zeppelin...

Also, some Geist worker drones. As creepy as they are, I find them kinda cute in a way.

Thomas

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
Is that the console Wolfenstein game that came out late 2000's? Never played it.

Tome of Power in Heretic/Hexen series was a boss power-up.

SPRKH

• Cry of Fear Team
  • Gman
Someone gifted me R6 Siege and it's actually pretty fun - multiplayer at least. I like the concept of having the different characters with their own abilites. Though nothing new, it feels refreshing compared to the CoD-style class system every game ever is using at the moment. There are always enough ways to get into a building or room, and depending on your character and play style you can methodically scout through an area, or just blow up a wall and go in guns blazing. No one ever cares about actually extracting a hostage or getting hold of the objective though, every game pretty much turns into TDM with one side camping and the other team going in.

Took a selfie with one of the gadgets
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 02:29:42 PM by Sporkeh »

Trilkin

• HoE Project
  • Combine Captain
Is that the console Wolfenstein game that came out late 2000's? Never played it.

Tome of Power in Heretic/Hexen series was a boss power-up.
Yes, it is. Suffers from console-itis, but the RetroStein mod (by Your Evil Twin) goes a long way to fixing a lot of the game's shortcomings.

The game was made by Raven Software, the same people who made Heretic and Hexen, so it's an in-joke/reference or shameless plug, depending on how you see it.

Geter Priffin

• Combine
Decided to Replay System Shock: Enhanced Edition, since Night Dive Studios Announced they are doing a Remake of it in UE4.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/25/9801434/system-shock-remake-first-look-art

Also I've been Playing this Game called Dead Acres, it's a Wave-Based Survival/Farming Simulation Game, think Killing Floor meets Harvest Moon.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 04:30:34 PM by Lil'Hunter »

It's, Beautiful.

Trilkin

• HoE Project
  • Combine Captain

Come get some!

All crew, this is this is the captain. Prep for silent running!

Seeing this prop again made me crack a smile, since I recently finished reading all of the Jack Ryan books by Tom Clancy (up until Command Authority, anyway).
The Hunt for Red October is one of my favorite books, although I personally like Red Storm Rising (which Tom co-wrote with Larry Bond, an excellent author in his own right) a bit better.

The interrogation room from Pigsty, which is apparently Joebama's favorite level.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 03:29:00 AM by Trilkin »

Josef

• Baby Gargantua
  • Show them online!
    • Bloodbath Softworks
How did you know?  :aaa:

E/ jeezus that bothered the shit out of me so much that i actually went through the time of looking through all my posts to see if i mentioned it at some point and i did. whew.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 10:31:10 PM by Josef »

Trilkin

• HoE Project
  • Combine Captain

Finished Deus Ex Human Revolution again recently.
The Diamondback with explosive shots is too much fun for its own good.

Got the Quake 2: Quad Damage pack from GOG a few days ago. I just got finished with vanilla Quake 2. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Over the years, I've seen a HELL OF A LOT of trash talking about the game - people accuse it of being cliched and uncreative, of being a just yet another "space marine" jaunt. I won't deny it's a bit boilerplate, but the gameplay is still pretty solid. The Makron, though...eh, he wasn't that interesting.

A Tank Commander on his last leg. Damn, the Rail Gun is a thing of beauty. It makes mincemeat out of the meanest enemies.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 10:43:26 AM by Trilkin »

Thomas

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
Just finished Uncharted 4, very much Dude Raider... Pretty clear they had some direct inspiration from a 2013 game...

Trilkin

• HoE Project
  • Combine Captain
Well, it is an election year in the States and the 4th of July is coming up, so I'm playing Duke It Out in DC.

Forget Trump, Clinton, Sanders, and the rest...bet on Duke instead!

Duke is taking back the White House...YEAAAAAH!!

I cannot tell a lie, Abe's looking very low res.

A very obvious pastiche of AD Walter Sergei Skinner's office from the X-Files. Appropriately, the level here is called the "Nuked Files." Plenty of other references are jammed in to wet an X-Phile's whistle.

A firefight in the Smithsonian. Maybe Duke can pay a visit to Sigma Force while he's there.
Up in the top left corner, you can see the Spirit of St. Louis, Charles Lindbergh's plane.

Thomas

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
With school winding down, catching up on some games. Finished "Her Story"; cannot understand the hype here. Reminded me of a Sega CD game.