News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: Hugz and Drugz  (Read 5837 times)

Jake

• Black Op
Re: Hugz and Drugz
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2012, 09:13:26 AM »
Hash is rare as fuck in murica

Jake

• Black Op
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2012, 08:00:21 PM »
Ironically, alcohol prohibution in 'murica in the 1920s-30s made hard liquor more popular.

And drug prohibition creates ideal conditions for drug cartels to form, causes an increase in drug use, an increase in prices, causes violence (it becomes less risky), and causes more potent drugs to be more prevalent.

Not advocating or talking bout how bad drugs are, just .. drug prohibition fucks shit up and even worsens the original problem. Not good. What you guys think?

Anton

• Gman
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2012, 03:42:36 AM »
Think of it this way, had it been the other way everyvody would be spork, can't have that.

Simon

• BSR Team
  • Gman
  • Whiskey brony
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2012, 04:57:50 AM »
Ironically, alcohol prohibution in 'murica in the 1920s-30s made hard liquor more popular.

And drug prohibition creates ideal conditions for drug cartels to form, causes an increase in drug use, an increase in prices, causes violence (it becomes less risky), and causes more potent drugs to be more prevalent.

Not advocating or talking bout how bad drugs are, just .. drug prohibition fucks shit up and even worsens the original problem. Not good. What you guys think?
Here is a list so I won't have to say it myself :
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-pro-marijuana-arguments-that-arent-helping/

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2012, 06:27:39 AM »
The morons who spout off all that shit cited in that article are incredibly annoying. 
"it's scientifically proven to be good for you"
No it really isn't.

I'd rather weed were legalized then stupid arguments for it could be shut up entirely. Stick a massive label on the packet that says "this product may give you cancer, schizophrenia or an anxiety disorder". At least then you won't get so many annoying stoners speeling off the same retarded sales pitch.

Jake

• Black Op
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2012, 11:28:43 AM »
To be frank, we all just want to get high scot-free
Idgaf what their benefits may be, it's just an economically wasteful decision.
Legal drugs taxed like alcohol and tobacco. Bam

And in countries where drug prohibition is most lax, drug usage trends lower. The netherlands has one of the lowest percentages of weed users in all of europe ironically :smile:

Of course economic competition is gonna make foreigners go there just to buy it though

Jake

• Black Op
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2012, 11:35:31 AM »
man, fuck typing shit on my phone

it's more like .. no, i'm not gonna shoot up heroin, or marry a dude, but i think people should have the choice to be able to if they want to.

they decriminalized narcotics in portugal mostly as a way to deal with the HIV problem, and that's helped a lot with that.
and since that's happened, more people in portugal have seeked help for their problems (probably cuz they're less afraid of getting jailed for using the drugs), which is a good thing. i think.

The Economic Case Against Drug Prohibition
outlines the economics of it pretty well

"The Budgetary Impact of Ending Drug Prohibition"

Dutch among Lowest Cannabis Users in Europe
(Yeah, I mean, it's still illegal in romania, but the point is, even where it's highly available, it hasn't made -everyone- a goddamn stoner)

A Radical Solution to End the Drug War: Legalize Everything

e/
All of those links are fucking pro, check them out, kay

Also, how effective has drug prohibition been, anyway? :P
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 04:47:59 PM by Jake »

Burd!

• Global Moderator
  • Gman
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2012, 04:45:24 PM »
Mate.

Drugs is bad.

It.
Is.
Bad.

Jake

• Black Op
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2012, 05:21:35 PM »
before puberty i was so against drugs it's kinda hilarious, looking back. now looking at my own decisions, i think "oh lol, did i really do that?"

YOLO, AMIRIGHT?

but seriously

i used to be really into school and learning and stuff. puberty's made me a fat lazy trainwreck. i hope things go back to the old days just with maturity by the time i'm 30. puberty is bleh

speaking of good decisions, anyone here ever been high + drunk? gotta say, if you're gonna do it, smoke a joint / blunt AFTER you drink, doing it from a bowl's gonna be hilarious if you're as bad as i am. i tried to put a pepsi bottle cap onto a vodka bottle... don't judge me!

but honestly, i don't like drinking all that much. it can be nice to actually be really talkative and more open. i'm not as bad as a lot of people are though

from a health and recreational fun standpoint, i'd go with being high. like with weed. i haven't experienced the world of pills and i don't think i really want to tbh, minus adderall - that shit'll make you focused, and kill your appetite. i made two fucking burgers (yeaaah i'm kinda your typical fatass), ate less than half of one, and threw the rest away (stereotypical american wastage too FUCK ME). a lot of people use it for weight loss.

ANYWAY, weed. it's less apt to kill you (shit, scientists were having trouble killing mice with THC, lol), as long as you're not doing it every-day-all-the-time you shouldn't have too many problems. yeah, lung damage, but it's not going to be as much as tobacco since you don't smoke NEAR as much. and you can always cook it + eat it. different kinda high but it's good nonetheless, although it's pretty inefficient as far as conserving of the herb goes. your best bet on that is to use a vaporizer, which is relatively healthier and super efficient when it comes to conservation

just don't drive. for the sake of us all. like the idiots who text and drive or talk on the phone the whole time they drive. fuck, i get distracted enough as it is.

just about no one on hlc cares, WHY DID I WRITE THIS. i'm just thinking and typing and not thinking and words

butyeah, just gotta be smart, it's not for everyone. personally i just enjoy the heightened sensations + food + my better understanding of peoples' thinking. i'm amazing at reading people when i'm blazed.

it's not healthy by any means, except those random, non-smoking-related studies related to the plant, and even then it's sketchy - i really don't care though. even tobacco has some benefits, you could say, i'd say the cons far outweigh the pros. cost-benefit tbh

i should shutup now. sorry guys. but hey at least this isn't some random ultra-conservative nation (UNDER GOD THIS IS AMURICA) lol.

you guys should be more talkative, start more topic-chat threads, i'm tired of just seeing the random thread all the time. hell, we could talk about anything! we're all friends here. i think.

on an unrelated note, the "einstein" scientist from hl1 wrote a song:
Edvard Grieg - March of the Dwarfs, Op.54 No.3 - Piano.wmv

Simon

• BSR Team
  • Gman
  • Whiskey brony
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2012, 09:14:19 PM »
Look at our little Waq trying to be all grown up, aww they age so fast
Yeah being high and drunk at the same time is fun don't push it too far trough, and with weed only, hard drugs don't mix well with alcohol

SPRKH

• Cry of Fear Team
  • Gman
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2012, 12:50:46 AM »
Did shrooms last week. Mind was blown.

Jake

• Black Op
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2012, 01:35:18 AM »
To me, shrooms always seemed like a poor man's LSD but never tried it

Jake

• Black Op
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2012, 02:21:51 AM »
what're they like spork? there are a buuunch of different kinds so i imagine there must be a couple differences between them
aaand how long do they last?

that adderall was fucking great. i didn't eat for 12 hours - practically a record for me. and i didn't start feeling hungry until a couple hours ago, when it was really wearing off.

accidentally up really late though, cleaned my room PERFECTLY. i got shit done. i usually get distracted or sidetracked really easily but that was perfect

Look at our little Waq trying to be all grown up, aww they age so fast
Yeah being high and drunk at the same time is fun don't push it too far trough, and with weed only, hard drugs don't mix well with alcohol

psh, better than the alternative. you've seen my old posts!
yeah, not much mixes too well with alcohol. prefer it by itself, if at all
and lesson learned: if you've got the spins, stop drinking. i had a tiny bit i wanted to get rid of and i was already pretty drunk..hangover from hell. the vertigo would be more fun if it wasn't nauseating and the whole dead-and-stomach-pain thing wasn't there. i passed out. at least i've got a good idea of my limits now, lol.

LSD is pretty fantastic, know a guy who did it with people who he thought were gonna kill him before (cuz they seemed like they would when he was shroomin' with them apparently), it worked out pretty well. "everything is turtles." -future rocket scientist amiright

if you do acid, turn on your faucet after it's kicked in for a while. i did and it was like a dopamine explosion

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2012, 02:26:17 AM »
Pretty much everyone I know who tried acid has tried to kill themselves. Doesn't sound like a good idea tbh.

This thread stinks of hipster.

SPRKH

• Cry of Fear Team
  • Gman
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2012, 02:46:18 AM »
Pretty much everyone I know who tried acid has tried to kill themselves.

Maybe you just only know shit people.  :sagan:

Jake

• Black Op
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2012, 02:48:40 AM »
that's odd. but yeah, it's not for everyone by any means. i wouldn't want to pressure someone into doing drugs if they weren't interested

i'm innocent compared to most of the junkies i know. i wouldn't even call myself a junkie because it's not a constant thing, and i do it for fun sometimes, not because i have to. i like to experience new things at reasonable limits

i've noticed drug users tend to struggle with depression, often before they're into their drug(s) of choice. sure, a lot of alcoholics have just become dependent on the drug because they enjoy it so much, like with tobacco smoking, but sooo many others use it as a way to deal with stress or pain, to "forget" about it. like with smoking it's used as a coping mechanism. (funny thing is, i'm pretty sure smoking's not gonna reduce your stress or affect you until you're pretty dependent on it)

aaand some drugs can cause / contribute to depression, as well. it all depends. and hallucinogens / psychoactive drugs are a horrible idea if you have a family history of mental problems, it can trigger psychosis / bring out the schizophrenia in you. not fun!

i read about drugs much more often than i use them (except maybe caffeine), learning as much as i can. it's a bit unreal how many myths there are about cannabis and LSD haha

Jake

• Black Op
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2012, 05:55:09 AM »
i noticed there are animals in this thread LOL WHO DID THAT SO COOL

say no to tobacCO, kids, amiright? grow your own! but seriously it's not worth it

Jake

• Black Op
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2012, 08:14:12 AM »
Lol, you can get high off of nutmeg. So many people do it wrong, do too much, or don't hydrate enough and it becomes a miserable experience.

Whodathunkit

Anton

• Gman
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2012, 10:07:14 AM »
Doesn't it cause drowsiness and nothing else?

SPRKH

• Cry of Fear Team
  • Gman
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2012, 10:58:15 AM »
Isn't nutmeg utterly disgusting though?

Jake

• Black Op
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2012, 12:01:09 PM »
It's been described as being drunk and stoned simultaneously, but higher doses give mild hallucinogenic effects

As for taste, mix with orange juice or ice cream

Jake

• Black Op
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2012, 03:45:46 PM »
Make sure you stay hydrated or you'll have the hangover from hell - for three DAYS. Shit son.

And if you thought weed had strong cottonmouth..oh lordy

SPRKH

• Cry of Fear Team
  • Gman
« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2012, 12:39:32 AM »
It's been described as being drunk and stoned simultaneously, but higher doses give mild hallucinogenic effects

Doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun.

Anton

• Gman
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2012, 01:35:57 AM »
TBH the bad effects makes it sound like complete shit.

I know some friends of mine smoked it but they must have had too little.

Jake

• Black Op
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2012, 02:26:25 AM »
Smoking it doesn't work :coolbiden: gotta eat that stuff brah

Burd!

• Global Moderator
  • Gman
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2012, 05:27:18 AM »
Jake what the fuck happened to your innocent conservative soul, why must you be a druggie pal.

Jake

• Black Op
« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2012, 08:21:21 AM »
Puberty.

And tbh if you're careful/smart about drugs and are responsible about it everything should be peachy.
Most druggies are idiots whose only desire is to get fucked up; I see it more as a way of exploring myself and existence to a reasonable extent.

There's some stuff I'll never touch i.e. heroin.
I don't revolve around drugs by any means.
And everything I have / will ever try will be decided by tons of research into the pros and cons. I like learning new things to set my sights away from things. Like after I first heard about Spice, my interest was piqued, but after reading about it I was like nope.avi

Jake

• Black Op
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2012, 09:28:41 AM »
Interesting article I found on the drug war: http://www.forbes.com/sites/artcarden/2012/04/19/lets-be-blunt-its-time-to-end-the-drug-war/ Warning: terrible puns

SPRKH

• Cry of Fear Team
  • Gman
« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2012, 07:25:27 AM »
Switching meds, anyone want to buy 500 mg of Zoloft?  :smile:

Burd!

• Global Moderator
  • Gman
« Reply #89 on: July 04, 2012, 09:13:14 AM »
Faking mental conditions to get drugs, I'm on to you pal. :ray: