Username:

Password:

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Setting up a dedicated server for Ragnarok Arena  (Read 80750 times)

Vulpine Complex

• Administrator
  • Black Op
Setting up a dedicated server for Ragnarok Arena
« on: December 20, 2008, 04:09:10 AM »

Windows:

Alright, to get a Ragnarok Arena dedicated server running, a few steps are needed. (Thanks to Valve's HLDS update tool.)

First, you NEED to download the HLDS Update Tool from steampowered.com.

First, install an Orange box game. Valve has made it easy on us, all you have to do is download "orangebox" from the command line.

NOTE: If you've never set up a dedicated server before I recommend reading this.

TO DO THIS! Install the HLDS Update tool to whatever folder you want THAT. IS. NOT. IN. PROGRAM. FILES. (I recommend C:\HLServer). Once it's installed open up a command prompt and go to the folder that you installed the tools to and type this:

Code: [Select]
hldsupdatetool -command update -game orangebox -dir .
This will create an "orangebox" folder and an "hl2" folder in the directory that you told it to download to.

Then, download the Ragnarok Arena dedicated server archive here: http://www.ragnarokarena.com/downloads/RA-Beta1-DedicatedServer.7z

Extract the "hlss3" folder into the "orangebox" directory where the "hl2" folder resides. You can then launch the srcds executable with the line -game hlss3. Be sure to set up your server.cfg in the hlss3/cfg directory.

Linux:

Coming soon!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 01:29:09 PM by Daniel »

k4ligul4

Re: Setting up a dedicated server for Ragnarok Arena
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 03:31:26 AM »

Can you provide an alternative tutorial on how to setup a Ragnarok Arena dedicated server with the default SOURCE DEDICATED SERVER tool in Steam?

I've tried it and I already got 4 crash dumps.

Vulpine Complex

• Administrator
  • Black Op
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 07:04:22 AM »

If you're using the one in Steam, you'll need to use the Team Fortress 2 Dedicated Server, not the Source Dedicated Server. TF2 uses the Orange Box engine while the Source dedicated only uses the EP1 engine.

Alexandra

• Angry Dyke
  • Baby Gargantua
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 11:03:13 PM »

Linux server when I stop being lazy jfyi.

k4ligul4

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 04:49:38 AM »

If you guys managed to get a dedicated server working, I'd like the kit for that. Archive and uploaded the dedicated server kit somewhere. I've tried too many times, even with TF2 DS and still nothing.

Thnx in advance.

kidx

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 11:19:40 PM »

Well -game RAR don't work i just tried to make my own server and nothing and know i am doing this right cause i have a FOF server up.Also a example of a server cfg would be nice i don't see any server cfg in the server files.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 11:21:11 PM by kidx »

Leiche

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 08:44:03 AM »

Well -game RAR don't work i just tried to make my own server and nothing and know i am doing this right cause i have a FOF server up.Also a example of a server cfg would be nice i don't see any server cfg in the server files.

try -game hlss3!

Vulpine Complex

• Administrator
  • Black Op
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 01:29:24 PM »

Oops! I've gone and updated the guide.

kidx

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 08:42:03 PM »

I am wondering why is my server not loading it says a bunch of files not found any one know why.
Pages: [1]