News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: Shotgun Sunrise joins HLC!  (Read 3185 times)

Editor

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
Shotgun Sunrise joins HLC!
« on: April 07, 2009, 05:33:58 AM »
I would like to take the time to welcome Shotgun Sunrise to Half-Life Creations!

Shotgun Sunrise is the essence of simple fun. You and a bunch of your cowboy friends hijack a truck and complete objectives in a town filled with zombies! What more do you need other than booze? Oh wait, they have that too!

Be sure to check them out at:

Official Website:
http://shotgunsunrise.half-lifecreations.com/

Mod Db:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/shotgun-sunrise

Gravewrecker

• BSR Team
  • Soldier
Re: Shotgun Sunrise joins HLC!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 06:31:10 AM »
Wtf.

Looks like loads of fun !!

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 09:28:31 AM »
Holy shit.  A zombie mod that sounds fun?! :P

Nice to see a mod team has actually given thought to new gameplay, the concept is absolutely fantastic.  I also like the light hearted approach and the colourful visuals.
I see they have bots too?  That should help in the early days of servers :3

Matuka

• Hosted
  • Soldier
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 01:54:11 PM »
Reminds me GREATLY of Timesplitters, only game that I saw had some fun zombie killing in it...
Instead of all of this overdone "Oh noez get to teh bunkarz and defend it off then revive some guys and call them retards cause they can't kill" stuff... (CoD: WaW Refrence). lol.

Da Fat Cat

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 04:54:52 AM »
Holy shit.  A zombie mod that sounds fun?! :P

Nice to see a mod team has actually given thought to new gameplay, the concept is absolutely fantastic.  I also like the light hearted approach and the colourful visuals.
I see they have bots too?  That should help in the early days of servers :3

This wise man is correct in every way!
...I remember my early puberty, used to masturbate to the newly released HD model pack that came with the Half-Life Blue Shift video game.

Burd!

• Global Moderator
  • Big Momma
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 07:39:02 AM »
Welcome to HLC! Join the family :]

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 10:19:51 AM »
Played it.  It was quite fun, but sadly terribly laggy and only had one map.

A lot of the lag is down to the map being poorly optimized, it has a HUGE open area with loads of NPCs in, all of which get rendered and processed at the same time.  Despite the lagginess of the map, I did like the layout it had, the non-linearity felt nice and fresh after the stale dirge of Left 4 Dead.

Other things I liked were the truck which everyone could ride in (and fire from), and the way that NPCs would pause to writhe in agony when you shot them.  The latter feature was good for just temporarily disabling an NPC to get past them.

Stuff that needs doing:
Remove friendly fire.  There is WAY too much griefing, especially truck drivers running over other players.
Optimize the map - reduce the draw distance, add Hint brushes, and Viscluster brushes.
Fix the bugs.  Every time the map finished the server crashed.  I'm fairly certain this is due to the un-optimized map.
Add more maps!!!
Improve the graphics.  This mostly applies to the models, some of which look to be of HL1 standard.  The view model animations were good, they need some sounds to go with them though.

planetphillip

• Hosted
  • Scientists
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 10:00:44 AM »
Welcome to HLC guys.