News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: Opposing Force 2  (Read 27502 times)

Matuka

• Hosted
  • Big Momma
Re: Opposing Force 2
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2009, 10:33:37 AM »
LMAO

Christ it's amateur.  It's actually worse than I thought it would be, it's like playing a really really bad map from Facepunch or FPSB.
Hmm... I can most certainly see how a civillian can assist some past-gen soliders in a mission, yep, I certainly can!
/sarcasm...

The mod's a joke, but I gotta admit the video looked good(the start, not the ending and mid, they sorta sucked)...
And the music is good... I'd be happier if it was a re-package of OF with new sounds than a new mod.

Gravewrecker

• BSR Team
  • Pit Drone
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2009, 10:48:35 AM »
It wouldn't be a problem if it was just some other medicore mod, I mean, you gotta start somewhere.

BUT
"Opposing Force 2"  :barf:

It's not opposing force 2 :P Too sad, nobody who could do anything (Gearbox, Valve) cares about Op4 anymore :(

prototstar

• Pit Drone
  • Texture Artist & Map Designer
    • My Devblog
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2009, 10:18:11 PM »
I would like to quickly point out that they are also using free textures from Filterforge.

Also, <3 Imageshack, I can see bunch of private stuff now. :3
Check out some of the older images.
Well I didn't do the geo, so :v:.
And if I did, I would've modeled fucking everything.

Amateur Game Modder - http://tuningthedesign.blogspot.com/

SPRKH

• Cry of Fear Team
  • Gman
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2009, 02:05:52 AM »

Imperial Wizard

• BSR Team
  • Big Momma
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2009, 04:31:57 AM »
LMAO
img
Christ it's amateur.  It's actually worse than I thought it would be, it's like playing a really really bad map from Facepunch or FPSB.
Well they are facepunchers.
Ah?

Burd!

• Global Moderator
  • Gman
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2009, 05:09:54 AM »

Da Fat Cat

• Baby Gargantua
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2009, 12:07:33 PM »
Garry is like a wannabe Hitler.
...I remember my early puberty, used to masturbate to the newly released HD model pack that came with the Half-Life Blue Shift video game.

coldroll

• Soldier
  • We remember the freeman!
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2009, 03:46:51 PM »
The mod dosen't look too bad to me but it dosen't look as good as some mods.
If You’re Going Through Hell, Keep Going!-Winston Churchill

prototstar

• Pit Drone
    • My Devblog
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2009, 03:49:17 PM »

Simon

• BSR Team
  • Gman
  • Whiskey brony
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2009, 04:54:49 PM »
Garry is like a wannabe Hitler.
Who isn't those days

TuRkEy

• Roach
    • Half-Life Library
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2009, 08:40:50 AM »
Hey, wasn't there a good Opposing Force 2 modification coming out? I can't remember the name, but it for sure wasn't this one. Wait, it is a remake, rather than a sequel (does a sequel really make sense anyways?), I can't find anything on it, I remember hearing about it on Podcast 17.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 10:48:42 AM by TuRkEy »

D3ads

• Gman
  • Stoj! Opasna Zona!
    • Moddb Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2009, 10:57:16 AM »
Yeah it's Protostar's mod, Operation Black Mesa:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/operation-black-mesa

Vulpine Complex

• Administrator
  • Black Op
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2009, 12:27:01 PM »

Trilkin

• HoE Project
  • Combine Captain
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2009, 04:18:01 PM »
I don't see why everyone's so hard on Garry. I think the guy's funny.

At least he's not Daza.

Imperial Wizard

• BSR Team
  • Big Momma
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2009, 11:25:38 PM »
Daza is a cute kitten compared to Garry.
Ah?

Da Fat Cat

• Baby Gargantua
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2009, 06:10:22 PM »
Garry is a complete douche.
...I remember my early puberty, used to masturbate to the newly released HD model pack that came with the Half-Life Blue Shift video game.

Greer

• Combine
  • That lil' robot fella
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2009, 08:08:38 PM »
Im bumping an old topic but with nice reason, another illegal shit from OF2 team!A Gearbox gonome with HL2 headcrab on, what a nice "new" model you have there!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/opposing-force-2/images/of2-gonome/#861563
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury. Not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom. Good time to take...inventory."

toadie

• Global Moderator
  • Combine Captain
  • Terrible artist, Animator and Programmer.
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2009, 08:52:39 PM »
They'll get away with it because Half-life nerds are already jerking all over this mod like it's going to be JUST as good as Opfor (statistically impossible, as well as highly improbably from an emotive standpoint). Also, doing unofficial sequals or spinoffs is like the singlehanded biggest egotrip idea ever. It says to the world " yeah, I think I'm good enough as the original authors, AND don't need to contribute anything original to the world to prove how fucking large my ego is"... and fans just fellate this concept even more until one day on release, the work gets a giant bukakke of files everywhere and everyone enjoys teh afterglow. After a little bit fades, they realise they just participated in something horribly dirty and unoriginal that they shouldn't have done and get remorseful for the days when they didn't have to suck penises to get boys to have sex with the- I MEAN DAYS WHEN MODDING BROUGHT ORIGINAL CONCEPTS TO THE TABLE, OR GOOOOD REHASHES EVEN.

Yes I did equate modding to oral sex, gender-ambivolently, because modding takes all types and I don't discriminate based on age,race,sex or gender. I discriminate on taste and ability.
Generic nevergoingtobereleased Zombiemod fags GTFO, fansexual fan-sequal makers Get thine fuck hence, illegitimate lovechilds of the two REALLY need to just die.

my official AUD$ 0.02-AUD$0.03 .
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 09:01:54 PM by toadie »

Greer

• Combine
  • That lil' robot fella
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2009, 09:51:24 PM »
They are no more sequel since Gabe stated Shephard will appear somewhere(most likely in EP3), so, its just a spin off.Bad one, very very bad one.
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury. Not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom. Good time to take...inventory."

D3ads

• Gman
  • Stoj! Opasna Zona!
    • Moddb Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2009, 11:47:11 PM »
They'll get away with it because Half-life nerds are already jerking all over this mod like it's going to be JUST as good as Opfor (statistically impossible, as well as highly improbably from an emotive standpoint). Also, doing unofficial sequals or spinoffs is like the singlehanded biggest egotrip idea ever. It says to the world " yeah, I think I'm good enough as the original authors, AND don't need to contribute anything original to the world to prove how fucking large my ego is"... and fans just fellate this concept even more until one day on release, the work gets a giant bukakke of files everywhere and everyone enjoys teh afterglow. After a little bit fades, they realise they just participated in something horribly dirty and unoriginal that they shouldn't have done and get remorseful for the days when they didn't have to suck penises to get boys to have sex with the- I MEAN DAYS WHEN MODDING BROUGHT ORIGINAL CONCEPTS TO THE TABLE, OR GOOOOD REHASHES EVEN.

Yes I did equate modding to oral sex, gender-ambivolently, because modding takes all types and I don't discriminate based on age,race,sex or gender. I discriminate on taste and ability.
Generic nevergoingtobereleased Zombiemod fags GTFO, fansexual fan-sequal makers Get thine fuck hence, illegitimate lovechilds of the two REALLY need to just die.

my official AUD$ 0.02-AUD$0.03 .

I lolled.

Fail mod is epic fail.

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2009, 01:14:59 AM »
I lolled at "Modelling by Samuelgames, texturing by nVidia"

No one can ever do a sequel to the Shephard storyline, it'll just be "derr go into City 17" like every other damned HL2SP mod.  If this mod was called "Attac on City 44" people would be laughing at the mediocrity, but instead they look at the title and coo like the retards they are.

prototstar

• Pit Drone
    • My Devblog
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2009, 09:33:11 PM »
Even though no mod will be able to 'perfect' Shepard's storyline I would very much like to see him 'awake' in a ruined US city and continue from there.

D3ads

• Gman
  • Stoj! Opasna Zona!
    • Moddb Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2009, 03:14:45 AM »
City 08 :jerkbag:

Obviously that Gonome is Gearbox's model with HL2 headcrab but I can't tell if the skin is, since it's so horribly over speculated and "jelly" like...

Greer

• Combine
  • That lil' robot fella
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2009, 03:54:29 AM »
City 08 :jerkbag:

Obviously that Gonome is Gearbox's model with HL2 headcrab but I can't tell if the skin is, since it's so horribly over speculated and "jelly" like...

Both skin and model were edited slightly(look at his "belly", there is Gearbox texture).

and here is funny PM from MenteR the kind of idiots!

MenteR 19hours 22mins ago says:

We didn't steal the model. It's not the original gonome model. It was sculpted out of the original gonome, it's not a copy, it's a re-make of it. We used the original model as a reference, and we made EVERYTHING else. How is this illegal, really?

MenteR 19hours 13mins ago says:

So what have we done here? We took the original gonome model, made another from scratch and made it look as close as possible to the original model.

And by the way, good job! I haven't seen a SINGLE comment of yours that doesn't talk about content-stealing subjects.

Just so you know, you were right about the kevlar from the Phoenix guy, and we re-modeled it. But right now you're just wrong. Making a model similar to another one, eventhough you've made everything means that you stole it? Give me a break.

MenteR 19hours 8mins ago says:

Oh yeah, I'll ignore comments like this on the mod page, and from now, I'll just keep answering them by PM.

I cant just not post it, its so fucking funny.Its clearly he doesnt know anything about what his team does, he just posts stuff.Or hes a retard, or both.

P.S.I know its not nice to post PM's but fuck when its THAT bad and funny its just so hard not to post it!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 04:01:16 AM by Greer »

James

• Administrator
  • Gman
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2009, 07:26:57 AM »
Fucking LOL Greer, he said almost the exact same thing to me, even including the "I haven't seen a single comment where you haven't said we've stolen shit" shit.

Editor

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2009, 09:40:09 AM »
This mod needs less fail. I suggest a high dose of originality.

Ianmnfla13

• Zombie
  • I'm a Doctor. Shut the fuck up.
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2009, 10:51:14 AM »
Some comment I found on the Gonome picture.

this mod is going 2 own lul
Won't you come to Myspace so I can Twitter your Yahoo until you Google all over my Facebook?

toadie

• Global Moderator
  • Combine Captain
  • Terrible artist, Animator and Programmer.
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2009, 10:54:38 PM »
fuuuuuck. mods like this make me despair for humanity, and slowly turn myself into a minispork.

technoblue

• For Hire B
  • Scientists
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2009, 01:17:21 AM »
Guys, this mod is amazing. What are you talking about?  :suicide:

SPRKH

• Cry of Fear Team
  • Gman
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2009, 01:38:13 AM »
fuuuuuck. mods like this make me despair for humanity, and slowly turn myself into a minispork.

Sounds like a good thing.