News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: [REQUEST] Unnamed Sauerbraten Mod  (Read 4511 times)

Infallible

• Roach
[REQUEST] Unnamed Sauerbraten Mod
« on: October 11, 2009, 11:09:07 AM »
Your name - Robert "Infallible" Petrucha
Website's name - sauermod.half-lifecreations.com
What your site is about - The website is less of a spot for fans to come and get more information on the mod, but more of a place for the team to host dev files, share work, and stay organized. We will put up some information and a basic web page, but nothing too special until later in development.
Why should we host you - It would really help to keep the mod organized. Our mod is really early in development, and having a shared space to keep files as well as communicate with other team members will get progress going as well as keep everyone in focus and on task.

I've attached our web page for you to take a look at, it's not much but I'm not a web design artist. A better page will come in time when we pick up more people onto the mod team.

Thank you for your time!

Greer

• Combine
  • That lil' robot fella
Re: [REQUEST] Unnamed Sauerbraten Mod
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 04:56:24 PM »
Oh, intresting.Sauerbraten mod?On latest version with all the nice shaders?Also, planning on SP or MP?
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury. Not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom. Good time to take...inventory."

Matuka

• Hosted
  • Big Momma
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 05:02:30 PM »
We're planning on doing Multi-Player over Single-Player, we'll try and devise some new gametypes that are different... But that depends if the mod actually gets a proper coder, instead of both of us just nit-picking through some simple *.h files...

Infallible

• Roach
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 06:27:14 PM »
We're planning on doing Multi-Player over Single-Player, we'll try and devise some new gametypes that are different... But that depends if the mod actually gets a proper coder, instead of both of us just nit-picking through some simple *.h files...
How did you know that? I didn't tell you. Anyway yeah pretty much, we need a proper coder or the gameplay will be fairly basic sauerbraten type gameplay with our modifications.

E: I read that wrong, I thought you said we would be doing single player if we got a coder, which is a thought I was having. It would definitely come after multi-player though.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 10:07:49 PM by Infallible »

Greer

• Combine
  • That lil' robot fella
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 11:36:34 PM »
How did you know that? I didn't tell you. Anyway yeah pretty much, we need a proper coder or the gameplay will be fairly basic sauerbraten type gameplay with our modifications.

E: I read that wrong, I thought you said we would be doing single player if we got a coder, which is a thought I was having. It would definitely come after multi-player though.

Well, maybe you guys could try COOP since there is already lots of MP mods around for Sauer, a COOP mod for it(in nice way, alike to SvenCOOP)could be a great idea.
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury. Not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom. Good time to take...inventory."

Infallible

• Roach
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 08:05:42 AM »

Well, maybe you guys could try COOP since there is already lots of MP mods around for Sauer, a COOP mod for it(in nice way, alike to SvenCOOP)could be a great idea.
There aren't a lot of mods for sauer, infact there are none that are directly linked to on the sauerbraten site.

James

• Administrator
  • Gman
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 02:17:58 PM »
Hi Robert, we'd be glad to host you and your mod. I've sent you a PM with your FTP login details.

Infallible

• Roach
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 04:22:39 PM »
Hi Robert, we'd be glad to host you and your mod. I've sent you a PM with your FTP login details.
Great, thanks!