Username:

Password:

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Classes - Pinnacle or Pariah?  (Read 36744 times)

Vulpine Complex

• Administrator
  • Pit Drone
Classes - Pinnacle or Pariah?
« on: June 19, 2010, 02:38:27 AM »

So, a point has been raised by a few fellow RA players on the subject of classes.

As it stands, in the current version of RA the only way to get weapons is as pickups - 99% coming from random weapon crates. In it's nature, it's a bit unbalanced - sometimes luck just shines on you and you get a rocket launcher. But it works well enough.

Classes, on the other hand, would have you spawn with a predetermined loadout. You'd have classes like Recon (Speed, restricted to Pistols and SMGs), Medic (Ability to heal, shotguns), Soldiers (Slight armor, automatic weapons/Rifles) and Demolitions (Slow, heavy armor, explosives).

Would people prefer a class-based system, or that we stay the course with random and spot weapons spawns on the map?

technoblue

• For Hire B
  • Roach
Re: Classes - Pinnacle or Pariah?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 08:24:35 AM »

A possibility might be to allow players to create there own classes? Let them choose there Primary/Secondary weapons and additional utilities.

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 09:44:07 AM »

How about you mix the two Dan?  I recall a Quake3 mod* from some time ago where you chose a class - this class you chose determined what kind of weapons you would pick up as you went through the map.

Say for example you choose the Demolition class: you would start with a small SMG, as you go through the map you would be able to pick up rocket launchers / grenade launchers / c4 / etc.

* for reference, this mod was called Quake Generations http://www.wireheadstudios.org/generations/

Soul-Linker

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 11:15:23 AM »

Classes would be kl i don't like ppl getting random weapons
 or a loadout would be nice to but you have to buy weapons so killl ppl for more moeny to buy better weps and maybe perks would be kl too then again it is my idea
Pages: [1]