News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: Occupation Source team looking for mappers  (Read 1867 times)

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
Occupation Source team looking for mappers
« on: August 24, 2010, 02:08:54 PM »
I'm making a post on behalf of the Occupation Source team, who are presently looking for mappers to join / contribute a map to their mod.

Brief info about the mod:
Occupation Source is a multiplayer mod which places an emphasis on realistic weaponry, and features differing gameplay styles (both team based gameplay and free-for-all). 
In most gamemodes players are given support of NPCs who can assist with capturing and holding objectives.

To give an impression of what the gameplay is like, here are two short videos showing a player battling against enemy NPCs
OccupationCS: 3.0 Testing - LR-300 Central Run
OccupationCS 3.0 Testing - Hollywood Striker Carnage
Whilst maps in those videos might clearly be based on HL2 content, I believe the mod team are looking to create visually impressive battlefield environments (the theme and style are up to the mapper).

If you're interested in helping out, leave a message in this thread *or* contact the mod leader via his moddb page here: http://www.moddb.com/members/enterpriseg

For any passers by interested in the mod, their mod page is here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/occupation-source

Da Fat Cat

• Soldier
Re: Occupation Source team looking for mappers
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 02:35:56 PM »
As long as I don't have to play it
...I remember my early puberty, used to masturbate to the newly released HD model pack that came with the Half-Life Blue Shift video game.

Simon

• BSR Team
  • Baby Gargantua
  • Whiskey brony
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 02:37:59 PM »
Gameplay look perfect but it need it's own model and hands

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 03:11:14 PM »

lol :V
In all seriousness though, I would be interested to see a map from you for the mod ;)

I forgot to mention the mod uses the CSS GCF for its base, so you could easily make a map in CSS Hammer without needing to download the current mod builds.

Yeah, hopefully original weapon models will get added in the future.  Though the hands are based on the CSS ones, they have sleeves and custom textures (sadly these don't show up too well in the videos - their mapper needs to add cubemaps) so those at least look different.

Da Fat Cat

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 03:46:10 PM »

lol :V
In all seriousness though, I would be interested to see a map from you for the mod ;)

I forgot to mention the mod uses the CSS GCF for its base, so you could easily make a map in CSS Hammer without needing to download the current mod builds.

Yeah, hopefully original weapon models will get added in the future.  Though the hands are based on the CSS ones, they have sleeves and custom textures (sadly these don't show up too well in the videos - their mapper needs to add cubemaps) so those at least look different.

Fuck yeah CS:S content :D
...I remember my early puberty, used to masturbate to the newly released HD model pack that came with the Half-Life Blue Shift video game.