News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: [WIP]Edge of darkness  (Read 9722 times)

Editor

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
Re: [WIP]Edge of darkness
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2011, 05:20:32 PM »
Not sure how I missed this, can't wait to see the final product!

Simon

• Gman
  • Whiskey brony
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2011, 12:03:54 AM »
Maybe I can make a screenshot during lunch time

Simon

• Gman
  • Whiskey brony
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2011, 03:48:27 PM »
Ok so the sci and mercs are finished, well at least for me, if somebody want to improve them (please somebody do something about my terible texture work) go ahead source files are included

Use AI's sci source files for the sci, the bloody file is too big and I'm too fucking lazy

Megan

• Baby Gargantua
  • #fartbag
    • Vera Visions
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2011, 04:15:55 PM »
You are a god among men, the merc hack is just what I needed for a "Military Barney" hack I was working on.

Simon

• Gman
  • Whiskey brony
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2012, 09:55:36 AM »
Well it's been a looooong time since I didn't posted anything here, anyway lots of new stuff
First meet the bad guy :

Compile posted since I'm a lazy bastard and there is no real MS3D to work with

Second Jake suggested we use the AI's HEV hands but with no pads on the thumbs, I also removed the pads on the indexes looks taticool and shit, corresponding HEV suit to follow
Source attached this time

Third the grunts now use that extra skin (the ld hgrunt camo) rather than plain barney's pants blue and well as the fassn who now uses the crossbow too (so that little piece of code I made isn't a total waste). The hgrunts also fully uses the extra mics mag pouches and extra face texture, the scientist does that too, cpp file included

Besli

• HoE Project
  • Big Momma
  • Mr. Database
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2012, 05:38:06 PM »
Some nice Hacks!

Hm, that "German Scientist" Head, comes from A.I's Science & Industry Scientists right?
I would better use the body from Red Slug's They Hunger Scientists (or Cicillian), take a look:

I think that will look better. :)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 05:43:32 PM by Besli »
If you don't like it, mod it! (DaniJ)

Norman The Loli Pirate

• Pit Drone
  • Los! Los! Los!
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2012, 11:11:04 AM »
looking good Simon I see my uved assassin arm/legs are being put to good use, that broken arm still bugs the heck out of me thow, might redo them when I get better at maya.

this is a little off topic but now that I have a more stable internet I might be able to help the Bring Back is a Bitch project.
Signatures are for nerds

Simon

• Gman
  • Whiskey brony
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2012, 11:18:33 AM »
looking good Simon I see my uved assassin arm/legs are being put to good use, that broken arm still bugs the heck out of me thow, might redo them when I get better at maya.
Honestly it's not visible in-game

this is a little off topic but now that I have a more stable internet I might be able to help the Bring Back is a Bitch project.
Cool, could always use more hand, see if there is a mod you would like to work on (or suggest yours), EoD is pretty much finished, Jake is working on the weapons, and Cthulhu is on good tracks too, so you can start a new project if you want

Some nice Hacks!

Hm, that "German Scientist" Head, comes from A.I's Science & Industry Scientists right?
I would better use the body from Red Slug's They Hunger Scientists (or Cicillian), take a look:

I think that will look better. :)
Yeah it's from SI, been modified through, I'm not sure those I like those civ model so much and I think I prefer the idea a vest under the labcoat rather than a jacket
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 11:23:53 AM by Simon »

Simon

• Gman
  • Whiskey brony
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2012, 12:35:58 PM »
Sooooo I've a made a steam background from the original splash file, splited it and moved the pieces to ressource/background and for some reasons it doesn't show up in game, any idea why ?
Also I've made a stamp tu put on backgrounds for the projects (also it's mandatory bitches)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 12:39:21 PM by Simon »

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2012, 01:34:57 PM »
I like where this is going man :)

Incedentally, I recall EOD re-used lines from HL1 for various characters - maybe we should redub the lines?  Kevin voice the scientists kthx.

Simon

• Gman
  • Whiskey brony
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2012, 01:47:51 PM »
I like where this is going man :)

Incedentally, I recall EOD re-used lines from HL1 for various characters - maybe we should redub the lines?  Kevin voice the scientists kthx.
I would love that but I'm not sure it's possible, the mod use the file for the scientists and the gman, and I'm not sure we can change that with entrip 

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2012, 02:40:53 PM »
I imagine you can just replace the WAVs or edit the references in sentences.txt

I could take a look, remind me in over a weeks time :P

Simon

• Gman
  • Whiskey brony
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2012, 02:48:28 PM »
I imagine you can just replace the WAVs or edit the references in sentences.txt

I could take a look, remind me in over a weeks time :P
That's the problem, from what I understand the gman in EoD uses common scientist's sentences, it means changing the the scripted_sentence entities in the map, well again it's what I understand I might be totally wrong

Simon

• Gman
  • Whiskey brony
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2012, 07:31:34 PM »
http://www.moddb.com/mods/mini-redux-edge-of-darkness

Hey look the ModDb page is up and running