News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: [WIP] Life's End  (Read 3371 times)

Imperial Wizard

• BSR Team
  • Big Momma
[WIP] Life's End
« on: January 07, 2011, 01:10:51 AM »
Yeah,
I could hack up a AUG A3 with a nade launcher for the 9mmar:

We need moar ideas...  :suicide:
Ah?

Greer

• Combine
  • That lil' robot fella
Re: [WIP] Life's End
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 01:49:52 AM »
The main "idea" of the pack(which Raz forgot to write, ;P)is to fix small illogical mistakess in map, make more variety in models(for example of illogical error-scientists standing on xen in the lab ruins, no HEV's on.Will fix that, example of variety of models-in the star trek like hallucination, have Blue shift like arms with retexture,possibly more star trek models for scientists and more goofy model for headcrabs and zombies).
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury. Not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom. Good time to take...inventory."

Imperial Wizard

• BSR Team
  • Big Momma
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 02:36:26 AM »
have Blue shift like arms with retexture
Nah, you're wearing a HEV in life's end.
Ah?

Simon

• Gman
  • Whiskey brony
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 08:24:08 AM »
Well sounds good to me, but are you going to find Startrek models ? If you want I started working on a SD gus model, with a 'real' jumsuit maybe you can start from there ?

Greer

• Combine
  • That lil' robot fella
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 09:23:02 AM »
Alright, since i was specifically replaying the mod to get some notes on the pack,here's a reasonable list of edits(besides new V_'s for weapons that are in the game).

1)Change most of the NPC's that look out of place, or to more fitting models(or possibly, higher res).
Examples of such:
1)Drunk Barney at the train station, changing him a little bit more to civil look, possibly few beer bottle props near him.
2)Changing the model of player's "boss" who fires him(possibly more G-man like appearance)
3)Changing some of the sci's during starting stages to possibly be civil(no labcoat)
4)Changing the escaping scientists to wear HEV suits(since their buddy wore one, why not them aswell?)
5)Changing all of the dead scientists on Xen levels to roughed up, or half destroyed HEV wearing ones.
6)Adding a little bit of variety to different scientists,barneys, of different areas(ie-Time Portal section, chemicals,etc).
7)The "Evil" scientist in alternate dimension who you take card from
2)Changing most of the posters to more fitting and quality looking ones.
3)Fixing up grammar mistakes,etc.

Thats mostly it, other then those things, mod is well set and ready to go.

:EDIT:Oh and how could I forget the hallucination parts, editing the models for them to look more goofy, weird and fitting.For example-a boxing zombie!Or, a boxing bullsquid!(Hey, Kangaroos can do it, bullsquids can do it too).Half Trek hallucination could possibly go with more star-trek-ish feeling, but with spice of half life to it.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 09:24:49 AM by Greer »
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury. Not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom. Good time to take...inventory."

Besli

• HoE Project
  • Big Momma
  • Mr. Database
If you don't like it, mod it! (DaniJ)