News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: Developer Appreciation/Shout-Out Thread  (Read 13845 times)

Matuka

• Hosted
  • Soldier
Re: Developer Appreciation/Shout-Out Thread
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2009, 04:21:22 PM »
A perfect forum is a forum without DiamonDs with a fetish for dogs and flaccid tofu mixed with marmite.

Fixed.
*Cough* *Cough* *Splutter* :D

I'm talking about most peoples behavior on this forum, not hit. I dunno which of the three forums I visit I like best. The dead one, the one full of unfunny spam or the one full of elitists. I think I'm gonna quit the internet for a bit.
I like how you just somewhat contradicted yourself by helping this thread turn off-topic. :v:

JohnChronic

• Half-Life 1.5 Team
  • Pit Drone
  • Formerly Abyss 25
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2009, 06:51:59 PM »
Backseat moderating is never off topic.
Fairly pro texture artist.

SPRKH

• Cry of Fear Team
  • Big Momma
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2009, 07:06:44 PM »
Except it's not moderating, but just you being an Abyss.

D3ads

• Baby Gargantua
  • Stoj! Opasna Zona!
    • Moddb Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2009, 08:01:11 PM »
*badoom tish*

Matuka

• Hosted
  • Soldier
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2009, 09:25:34 PM »
Backseat moderating is never off topic.
http://www.half-lifecreations.com/forums/index.php?topic=2.0
:v:
Also thats more like talking about your social life in my opinion, cause that'd be something I'd post via twitter.

JohnChronic

• Half-Life 1.5 Team
  • Pit Drone
  • Formerly Abyss 25
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2009, 10:28:29 PM »
Nobody likes a smart ass m8.
Fairly pro texture artist.

deka

• Zombie
  • SPQR
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2010, 12:44:52 AM »
What's with the HIT forums? They ban Matuka for posting an awesome smiley, yet they tolerate HURR DURR from their users.

Random thread:

It turns out that it's unfortunately not possible to register an older retail-version of SoC or CS on Steam to get the discount...
HOWDY HO
What are you, a statue? If you got something to say...
Shpill da beans

The dead one, the one full of unfunny spam or the one full of elitists.

There's nothing wrong with elitists, so long as you distinguish elitism from pretension. I like a forum where contributors understand the issues being discussed, as opposed to something like 4chan, digg or reddit, where 90% of all discussion is a circlejerk.

Vulpine Complex

• Administrator
  • Pit Drone
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2010, 01:37:35 AM »
Why are you all shitting up this thread?

Burd!

• Global Moderator
  • Big Momma
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2010, 01:40:11 AM »
More like shitted, 2 months ago.

ErebusTheDark

« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2011, 05:12:56 PM »
Felt like posting here because you nerds should know that I care  :sun:

KylerAdams - He definitely sits up top here, he's always been patient as hell with me. He taught me how to hack and smooth models, and he's critiqued almost every single one of my rigs -- he's found models for me, given me ideas, just about everything. On top of that, he's a great guy! Best friend I've made since getting into modding Half-Life, definitely. Cheers!

Matt - the famous Matt of HIT! He's an ingenius coder, and he has (and still does, but not as much) put up with the assloads of questions I've had about Half-Life. Seriously, look at the ridiculous amount of threads I've started on HIT asking questions. He doesn't give any shit either - he answers very concisely and honestly.

Ambient.Impact - Seriously, who hasn't heard of this guy? He's taught me tons about Goldsource too, he really knows what he's talking about too. We have the best conversations about nerdy Half-Life stuff. He's practically an encyclopedia for Goldsource and anything relating to it, really. He's helped me out countless times.

Slider - I met him near the beginning of my journey. At first I didn't really know who he was or why he talked to me, but now I [think] I do; we've talked quite a bit and he's a great guy, really knows his shit. Great modeller and always there to help.

Sporkeh - Didn't really know you before I joined here, really. Don't know you that well now either, but you're so blunt with your comments, no bullshittery, makes me laugh. Plus, your modelling skills are impressive. Animating skills? Dunno, I have yet to see anything by you.

Cliffton_Vlodhammer - You know your stuff, and you do it right. Good stuff man. You seem like a pretty cool guy.

JohnChronic - I think you were the first person I ever really talked to on HIT! You've been incredibly helpful, taught me some really basic things with GIMP... I'm definitely addicted to GIMP now. Your texturing skills are godlike! Was browsing the Too Much Time thread on HIT the other day, and saw an LR300 screenshot you posted. Holy shit!

DiamonD - Ashiq, where are you? It's not the same without you! You've really grown up in the past few years, and learned so much. You taught me how to repose skeletons - an invaluable tool, it's helped me out innumerable times. You're funny as hell, messing with that sheridan guy on HIT. Classic.

Thomas - I remember I went to you for help early on, when I was trying to learn model hacking. Though I didn't really get it at the time, it totally makes sense now! You're a good guy too, thanks for being there!

and last, but certainly not least...

RaZ777 - a.k.a. Headcrusher or gi777 - this guy. You're a funny guy, and, dunno if you remember this, but... you walked me through my very first model hack! Rigging an F2000 on an hgrunt. That was almost a year ago, I've definitely learned much since then, but without you teaching me with that first step, I never would've progressed. Thanks mate!

ErebusTheDark

« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2011, 12:10:35 PM »
I haven't known James as long or as well..he's a good guy though, really seems to know it all with Goldsrc. His coding skills are :2pro: and he's funny.

The ghost of Cliffmas FALs

• HoE Project
  • Soldier
  • Carl Gustaf Zapman
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2011, 01:03:40 AM »
Well shit, since I been done got mentioned in this here reacharound shoutout thread I guess I better post in it.

I'm pretty quiet overall, being slightly allergic to "asking for help", haven't got to know a lot of people that well.

BUT, I'd like to thank (in no particular order):

Toadie
My main chap on the west coast, and the only other Australian on this forum that I'm aware of. Years ago, he stood out as pretty much the only animator doing shit for HL1. And it was/is good shit. That served as major inspiration to start model hacking and later animation.

Never would've imagined one day doing a collab with him.

Alex (Saxon Swine)
For his support, sounds and overall Britishness. He's the one who dragged me over to HLC in the first place.

Kyler Adams, DiamonD
Put these guys together as we all started model hacking/compiling at roughly the same time IIRC (DD may have started earlier, not sure). A lot of excellent releases between the two of them. While there wasn't much dialogue on my part, I saw that as competition, especially since I wasn't producing as much.

Nikos Makridakis (Jenn)
Long gone from the community, made the first animation tutorial I used. It's a little excruciating to watch the setup now but it worked for me at the time.

Lain (Dr. Strangelove)
Until I started, he was pretty much the only one to have released animations for HL2.

Source/goldsrc content creators
Twinke, Millenia, Pete, Schmung, Thanez, Sproily, Kimono, Racer445, Sureshot, RavenGT, Abyss25 and so many more.

Without their :2pro: content, and willingness to put it out there for free, I and others like me would've gone nowhere.

James, Thomas
Running this godforsaken hole, providing much needed input and being generally pretty awesome.

"The Author"
Crazy Jap chap and sole developer of Smod. Such a shame this mod is almost dead, I've had more fun with it than any single game ever.

Russia and former soviet satellite nations
For S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Mikoyan and Gurevich, Mikail Kalashnikov, and loads of other awesome.

Anyone else who has given input and support
Not counting those already mentioned; Greer, Lexi, Waq, Spork and more that I can't think of from the top of my head. You know who are.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 06:21:18 PM by Cliffton_Vlodhammer »
Quote from: Robbe 15/05/13, 4:31 AM
I wish I got to meet nerds IRL
[10:01:59 AM] A.I. Khan: damn those are some fucking hot tits
[10:12:50 AM] Be "Bee-key" key: proof thomas brought spork to life and said "we'll name this child spork, eh".

Matuka

• Hosted
  • Soldier
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2011, 05:07:22 PM »
Russia
For S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Mikoyan and Gurevich, Mikail Kalashnikov, and loads of other awesome.
But S.T.A.L.K.E.R is Ukrainian?

The ghost of Cliffmas FALs

• HoE Project
  • Soldier
  • Carl Gustaf Zapman
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2011, 06:23:56 PM »
Russia
But S.T.A.L.K.E.R is Ukrainian?

Just as well I didn't say that, it would've meant I was wrong about something.
Quote from: Robbe 15/05/13, 4:31 AM
I wish I got to meet nerds IRL
[10:01:59 AM] A.I. Khan: damn those are some fucking hot tits
[10:12:50 AM] Be "Bee-key" key: proof thomas brought spork to life and said "we'll name this child spork, eh".