News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: Post what you're currently playing! [Screenshots] [56k is a JPEG saved in paint]  (Read 37256 times)

Trilkin

• HoE Project
  • Combine Captain
Getting back into Doom after what feels like forever.

Not much to say, really. It's Doom, after all. No description is really needed.

A screenie from my favorite map, Perfect Hatred.

"I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies."
-Psalm 139:22, KJV

Editor

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
Still playing a lot of Arma 3 with pals. We aren't even completely terrible at what we do either.

Matuka

• Hosted
  • Big Momma
I fuckin love Rainbow Six Siege tbh lads
 :2pro: :2pro: :2pro:

Editor

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
I fuckin love Rainbow Six Siege tbh lads
 :2pro: :2pro: :2pro:

What makes it good though?

Trilkin

• HoE Project
  • Combine Captain
Finished the First "half" of Final Doom, TNT Evilution, a few days ago.

I'm currently on the Plutonia Experiment.

From TNT:
MAP 31 - Pharoah. Fittingly for the title, there's mystical Kemetic/Ancient Egyptian decor with traps, tricks, lots of nasty monsters and a VERY nice variation of "Legion of the Lost" by Grave Digger as background music.

Also, a guest appearance by David Blaine as the Cybie.

From Plutonia:

The map I'm currently trying to survive...MAP 11: Hunted. Hey, guys, what's better than dealing with an Arch-Vile. Dealing with 18!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 06:47:06 PM by Trilkin »

End Of Days

• Pit Drone
Playing No Mans Sky on PS4. It's a very grindy game and buggy still. The updates made it worth giving it a go again.

Matuka

• Hosted
  • Big Momma

Matuka

• Hosted
  • Big Momma
soz4owned

Lateralus

• Combine
  • Love Today, and seize All Tomorrows!
    • www.titsassesanddicks.cum
I've been playing the 2008 Turok Reboot.

And it actually isn't as bad as Critics say it is.

Sure it doesn't hold a candle to the first 2 Turok Games, but it's still a pretty good Game.

Now I kinda wish the Sequel didn't get canceled. :(

Also I've been frequently been playing STRAFE, whilst it isn't as Oldschool as it claims to be, it's still a pretty fun and bloody challenging Rouge-like FPS. 
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 04:58:37 AM by Lateralus »
A Billion Year Chronicle of the Myriad Species and Varying Fortunes of Man.

"We must come to the point where we realize the concept of race is a false one. There is only one race, the human race." -Dan Aykroyd

Editor

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
Been playing a lot of Out of Ammo and Half-Life VR

End Of Days

• Pit Drone
A little bit of Deus Ex Human Revolution and some American Truck Simulator.

I really need to stop modding the games I play so much and just freakin play them  :(.

JohnChronic

• Half-Life 1.5 Team
  • Black Op
  • Formerly Abyss 25
How is Human Revolution? I've owned it since like, 2014, just haven't gotten around to playing more than 30 minutes of it.

Anyways, I've been revisiting 2006's Prey. Might be the best 360 launch title that was an original IP. I remember I bought it the same day I got Shadow of Chernobyl, and it was a great day.
Fairly pro texture artist.

End Of Days

• Pit Drone
I played about an hour of Human Revolution and its good so far. It's been ages since I played the original Dues Ex back in the Xbox days. It was free on PS4 so I figured it wouldn't hurt to try it.

JohnChronic

• Half-Life 1.5 Team
  • Black Op
  • Formerly Abyss 25
Fair enough, I never made it very far either; my first impression was also good. It's always sitting there in my steam library tempting me to play it. But in the last few years it feels like I need things to be more 'pick up and play'. Age has really worn down my tolerance for grind mechanics and rpg type games in general.

End Of Days

• Pit Drone
Same here. Once and a while I'll be in the mood for a good shooter or rpg. I'm into more play at my own pace types games now days.

Picked up The Last Guardian a while back. A good game, just frustrating with the puzzles at times.

SPRKH

• Cry of Fear Team
  • Gman
I thought Human Revolution was hella cool at the time, or at least cool enough to get all the achievements for it. The game starts out kinda slow and "generic" feeling, but it's leet once it picks up steam. You can pretty much play it however you want.

Mankind Divided has been sitting on my hdd for about a year. Playing the first mission I already found the new cover mechanics too clunky to bother with for the rest of the game.

Keep in mind I never really got into the original game. DE2 sucked.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 03:28:01 PM by SPRKH »

JohnChronic

• Half-Life 1.5 Team
  • Black Op
  • Formerly Abyss 25
Sounds like I'll have to give it another try! And stick with it next time around. I know it reviewed well too, I really should try to make it at least to the midgame (you're right about the first bit feeling kinda generic, I think that's definitely part of what turned me off).

Editor

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
Been having fun with WMR and some VR games lately. Low cost of entry is nice and Vive compatibility out of the box.

JohnChronic

• Half-Life 1.5 Team
  • Black Op
  • Formerly Abyss 25
Right on, which one do you have Thomas? I was looking at the more affordable ones, Lenovo and Acer specifically, but I'm a bit skeptical of the lack of external sensors and what that means for tracking accuracy. Does it do okay with fast movements/gestures?

Editor

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
Right on, which one do you have Thomas? I was looking at the more affordable ones, Lenovo and Acer specifically, but I'm a bit skeptical of the lack of external sensors and what that means for tracking accuracy. Does it do okay with fast movements/gestures?

Have the Lenovo, does great, wouldn't dream of spending the extra $400 difference for a Vive. Displays are also nicer for reading text.

JohnChronic

• Half-Life 1.5 Team
  • Black Op
  • Formerly Abyss 25
Glad to hear you're enjoying it! I've been planning a new PC build and looking into some accessories lately. I agree that the Vive is too expensive for what it is, and now that you've confirmed the microsoft design is viable, I'll probably go a WMR headset.

Editor

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
Really safe purchase in my opinion if you want to give VR a go without spending so much money you're guilty if you don't play it.

Editor

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
Just finished Grandia 2. If you like JRPG's and want to try probably the best battle system out there, give it a go. 2 is on Steam in a remastered version, no Dreamcast needed and 3 is on PSN. They improved the combat system but the story is pretty bland.

I'd call Grandia 2 the Chrono Trigger of the Dreamcast.