News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: Annual News Post  (Read 3353 times)

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
Annual News Post
« on: March 16, 2011, 02:38:37 AM »
Copy+Paste for fun:

FOR HIRE - ANNUAL UPDATE

It's been a while since anyone on the team posted a news update, so as requested here's an update for all those interested in the project!

Perhaps the first most important thing to mention is that code is now progressing, Minuit from the Cry of Fear team has started coding things for us.  It's still early days for code, but we have some nice features coded in which we'll hopefully expand upon.
We're also in talks with another coder... but I'm not sure if I can say anything about that yet!

Another new addition to the team is the extremely talented MikeeFunks who has taken time out from a high profile project to record some fine lines for us.  Have a listen to some of them here:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/for-hire/videos/player-voice-commands-preview

Toadie as ever has been busy modelling and animating (all in between University & Jobs).  We now have all of our weapon models finished, most of them animated and textured.
Toadie has also been plying his skills to character animation, creating a beautifully animated set of animations which rival those seen in Bad Company 2.  Sadly I can't show them here though - hopefully at some point we can get a video reel of Toadie's great work up.

Lastly I have been busying myself with various different things - chiefly mapping, but also texture art and modelling.
During the last year I have made 4 maps, 3 of which are extremely large.  It's worth pointing out that each map will have several objectives - central objective(s), and periphery objectives; so there will be plenty of things for players to do on each map - the more you do the more you're rewarded.

Some screens of my maps can be seen below:

Hub map where players choose missions & buy equipment
DubblesDubblesDubbles

Training map where players are familiarized with game mechanics
DubblesDubblesDubbles

Ranch house mission
DubblesDubblesDubbles

Mission to suburbia
DubblesDubblesDubbles

More screenshots can be seen on our main Moddb profile here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/for-hire

So there we go, the annual news update.  Look out for the next one, which hopefully won't be too far away!