News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: Mafisha's grunts - from rubbish to...  (Read 20611 times)

Alisha

• Soldier
  • A.k.a Mafisha. School stops me from creations X(
Re: Mafisha's grunts - from rubbish to...
« Reply #150 on: December 25, 2011, 10:18:35 AM »
Your only concern is the camo?
Oh well, don't worry 'cause it's not finished. I know it's really messy right now, and currently I'm going to assign one texture to all camo bits (sleeves, legs and the bottom bit of the shirt) and find a nice one... I'll look at texturer.com or something similar... I hope I don't break the copyright rights simultaneously. xD
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 02:38:52 PM by Mafisha »
Who still remembers Mafisha's Grunts??
    I is still alive, but IRL pulled me in....

Editor

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
« Reply #151 on: December 25, 2011, 10:22:30 AM »
Camo does look washed out and faded. Squares are also too large. Needs to be finer.

Simon

• BSR Team
  • Gman
  • Whiskey brony
« Reply #152 on: December 29, 2011, 12:05:36 PM »
Your only concern is the camo?
Nope my other concern is the bottom of the vest, also the model looks a pile of hacked model but that's probably because I know the orignal models too much

Oh well, don't worry 'cause it's not finished. I know it's really messy right now, and currently I'm going to assign one texture to all camo bits (sleeves, legs and the bottom bit of the shirt) and find a nice one...
Don't do that you will lose the shading, start from a texture with shading and no camo (like the pants and shirts of barney or masnn model where you took those arms) and apply a camo to it

I'll look at texturer.com or something similar... I hope I don't break the copyright rights simultaneously. xD
Nah the only rule in modding regarding copyright is "don't take it from an other game" that and some modlers don't llike it when you hack their model but it's quite rare

Alisha

• Soldier
« Reply #153 on: January 30, 2012, 02:17:33 AM »
Currently I tried this one, but if I breach the copyrights somehow, especially when ACTA passed... I'll be forced to try something different.

The idea about shading is good, but I just can't do it without PhotoShop (tried on GIMP and not happy)- I even asked my Mum for her to buy it for me on Christmas, but since I got maybe like 5 presents for St. Nicholas' day, Christmas and my Birthday (16th Jan) combined together, I would not even dream of getting it before I'm 18... I'll have to hack it [get the serial code of somewhere, just like in Milkshape's case], but then I'm risking with the copyright thing... I can already be in trouble, since I have about 5 GB of episodes of my favourite police show, ''W11 Wydział Śledczy'' :sun: xD

Simon

• BSR Team
  • Gman
  • Whiskey brony
« Reply #154 on: January 30, 2012, 04:22:49 AM »
Yeah you wouldn't want to talk about it in public forums then
Anyway try GIMP again it's a bit hard at first, just like photoshop, but after a while you'll get used to it, sure it's not as powerfull as Photoshop, but it's quite enough if you do only some model hacking, heck you could even make your own camo   

Alisha

• Soldier
« Reply #155 on: March 25, 2012, 07:59:06 AM »
Oh, don't worry guys, I had to take yet ANOTHER break as my private life got even crazier... xD
Nah, I simply moved again and not everything's set up yet, so it might take some time before I get back to work PROPERLY.

One thing is sure though - this mod is NOT dead! :)