News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: Cannonfodder's SMD Importer skips some textures on importing?  (Read 1062 times)

Bloodroke

• Scientists
Sometimes, when I import an SMD with Cannonfodder's SMD Importer, a texture or two may be skipped on import, or sometimes, even all of them.

When this happens, the importer may ask to find a few textures, but leaves the rest as untextured... whiteness. If I try to export the model in this form, the compiler complains about not being able to find some textures; the same ones that Cannonfodder's SMD Importer skipped over for some reason. Even funnier is the fact that I have those textures right in the same exact folder as the rest of them, so there should be no reason that the SMD Importer is skipping over them.

I prefer to use Cannonfodder's SMD Importer over Wunderboy's due to the superior re-smoothing on Cannonfodder's. Is it at all possible to fix this bug I am having?

SPRKH

• Cry of Fear Team
  • Big Momma
Re: Cannonfodder's SMD Importer skips some textures on importing?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 08:08:08 AM »
You can import the smd in Milkshape, and export one smd per texture group. Makes it easier to properly (re-)assign the textures in max.

Long Nange {RUS}

• Roach
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 04:37:50 PM »
Just use Jed's (aka Wunderboy) SMD plugin for Max. I think it's better

Bloodroke

• Scientists
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 08:10:01 PM »
Just use Jed's (aka Wunderboy) SMD plugin for Max. I think it's better

However, with Jed's, the smoothing becomes goofed up when I detach things, like magazines and stuff.