News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: How would you survive thr of the City of the Dead?  (Read 1584 times)

M3 Luck3y Charms

• Scientists
  • They're always after me lucky charms....
How would you survive thr of the City of the Dead?
« on: August 09, 2012, 10:09:50 AM »
Hey people. I left a simular topic on the Sven Forums about ideas for the comic I'm working on. Which is why I haven't been working on my UD pack as much lately. Due to my laziness, I'm not about to retype everything again so I'll do a C&P from the Sven forums.  :coolbiden:

I've had the ideas of a Left 4 Dead comic in my head for a long while now and began drawing comic strips (For some reason, I have a hard time doing it chronologicly). But now I'm mainly focused on the first chapters which takes place in a fictional major urban city called Hollie Hill. To give you a geographical idea, the city is built in between Oregon and California, divided by a estrary (city is built right by the coast like NYC and Miami) and surrounded by the mountain side.

October 2009.

It's been 5 weeks since the first infection. The East coast, South, and Midwest have been left in ruins by the "Green Flu" The west is next on the hit list as the "flu" sweeps across the states. Rumor has it that it has already struck the west. Hollie Hill, Los Angeles, and San Fransico are the only cities left to be unhit by the flu. Others say Hollie Hill is the only safe haven left from the flu. You truely don't know. And you truely don't know what the flu really is (or maybe you do if you truly keep tabs on these things). Total media blackout has render internet via computer and cellphones useless. Phone lines have been cut. The Television and radio is only on reserved emergency broadcast networks. The city is quarentined by the Military of all 5 branches and the Law Enforcement under their wing. The city has been divided into districts, seperating loved ones not daring to cross over into the next district to spare themselves from the cold barrel of an carbine pointed at their face or the butt of a rifle smacking into the cranium. People are being told where and where they cannot go. What they can and cannot do. Civil unrest is unfolding as food and supplies begin getting scarce. The local grocery stores and markets are being rationed to hold out until the quarentine is lifted, prompting looting and burglary. The CEDA is (forcibly?) taking groups of people to get vaccinated against this flu. People who have been reported feeling ill, sneezing, or have been reported coughing have found Chemsuit Soldiers/Marines barging into their house and forcibly moving the individual and sometimes even the entire habitants to the hospital, only to never be seen or heard from again.

Ok, now. I want you all to give me feedback on how you'll be dealing with this kind of shit happening right across the street. Just imagine yourselves in this situation of having no idea what's going on. How long this is going to last. How you're dealing with food and water supply. Would you just accept it and wait? Would you resort to burgulary? The survival of the fittest mentality? Just give me any feedback on how you'll be reacting to this situation. Anything would be nice. Your feedback itself may also be included in the comic.

Now.

All of a sudden, chaos unfolds around you. A normal routine night suddenly erupts in sirens. Helicopters, both military and civilian, are all flying around the city. You hear reports of a large scale riot unfolding around the city. You hear people attacking and biting each other. Then you hear the magical words of "rabies" "canniblals" "Zombies" appearing. People who've been bitten and scratched are rounded up and detained. You hear some are even shot point blank. After time of chaos, whether in the origin of it all, or a bystander watching from the next district, you see for yourself what's going on.

Infection.

This wasn't a flu after all. Somehow, these infected indivduals whose soul purpose is to kill anything living and non-infected are in this city. And they are growing by the numbers. The police and military are delaying the inevitable of halting the spread of the infection. You can see plain as day that the city is going to fall. What's this? You're hearing about super zombies called "Special Infected"? What does it matter. The one thing in your mind is shouting over all the others.

Survive.

But how will you do it?

The military has the entire city blocked off and burricaded. So leaving on foot isn't going to be easy.

There's also the option to try and take an evac chopper going on all over the place that haven't been hit by the infection yet. But that too will be rather difficult.

There's the option to turn into a bandit, hijack a boat, then speed off to freedom, but where will you go? You have no idea what's out there outside the city.

There's just the option to stay and burn inside the city. Taking as many as you can.

Do tell me people. I really like some ideas on how chaos unfolds inside the city via different people and different scenarios.

Imperial Wizard

• BSR Team
  • Pit Drone
Re: How would you survive thr of the City of the Dead?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 10:43:58 AM »
I would roleplay on the internet.
Ah?

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 11:44:02 AM »
I would throw a banana peel on the ground, wait for a zombie to slip up. All the other zombies would die of laughter: PROBLEM SOLVED.

SPRKH

• Cry of Fear Team
  • Big Momma
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 12:00:56 PM »
If I'm at work I'd just barricade the doors and windows and sit here forever.

There's enough food and water here to survive for several years.  :sagan:

M3 Luck3y Charms

• Scientists
  • They're always after me lucky charms....
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 12:27:53 PM »
I would throw a banana peel on the ground, wait for a zombie to slip up. All the other zombies would die of laughter: PROBLEM SOLVED.

Simon

• BSR Team
  • Baby Gargantua
  • Whiskey brony
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 06:28:33 PM »
TL:DR lawlz

toadie

• Global Moderator
  • Black Op
  • Terrible artist, Animator and Programmer.
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 04:35:51 AM »
BRB, playing DayZ to find answer. Will let you know when I successfully leave Chernarus. :sagan:

Leska

• Angry Dyke
  • Zombie
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 06:16:57 AM »

Heh. Own that exact color of polish. Upsetting problems.