News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: MARSOC-ish Hgrunts for Black Mesa Source  (Read 2728 times)

M3 Luck3y Charms

• Scientists
  • They're always after me lucky charms....
MARSOC-ish Hgrunts for Black Mesa Source
« on: September 18, 2012, 02:22:22 PM »

I took the liberty to actually try to make them look like a semi-real branch in the United States Marine Corps, and I aimed to give them a MARSOC Operatives look. The standard skin made them look more Army than they did Marines  :cop:

I removed the urban camo in favor of the desert MARPAT W/ velcro patches on the sleeve pockets. These people actually blend far much better than their default counter part.

The tactical MICH helmets now sport the beige color. Textured in Velcro patches on them to put infrared patches like the flag, your ID badge number, blood type, etc. The medic's *Cough*Corpsman*cough* helmet has the white tape and red cross removed due to the fact Corpsmen in the Navy are dressed to look exactly like the rest of the Marines they're fighting along side with.

And sadly, there's nothing I can do to remove the beret in favor of either the Marine standard 8point field cap, a standard field cap, or even a tactical cap. So I just decided to give it a MARPAT texture and replace the beret's flash with the Marine Eagle Globe and Anchor.

C&C and enjoy. I'll most likely do another skin for BM:S really soon.

And yes... I'm still doing my Ultra-Definition pack for Half-Life  :joebiden:

http://www.mediafire.com/?m8mequpmh46el2g

Simon

• BSR Team
  • Baby Gargantua
  • Whiskey brony
Re: MARSOC-ish Hgrunts for Black Mesa Source
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 03:12:35 PM »
Whaa, for a reskin it really makes the model looks really different, nice work dude, shouldn't have put camo on the beret though

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 04:50:18 PM »
Looks pretty cool! But like Simon said, it really should have a plain green beret or something.

Brahma (aka Lestat_cv)

• Roach
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 09:02:33 PM »
Wow, looks very good. Maybe I will put a US flag in my soldiers too
Brahma, Lestat_cv, Renan the vampire, yeah the same guy of old Half Life Source Redux. Drunk and happy :)

Editor

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 12:04:42 AM »
Yeah, what everyone said about the beret, camo is not the best idea, even solid tan would have been better.

Chaos Wake

• Roach
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 12:08:52 AM »
Awesome, fits really well with BMS and the semi-realism adds a bit to the atmosphere the mod has going.

toadie

• Global Moderator
  • Black Op
  • Terrible artist, Animator and Programmer.
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 06:00:10 AM »
MARSOC makes a lot of sense as the ground force given the context of BMRF, Ospreys are predominantly Marine birds (though Apaches are US Army so go figure). But yeah, like everyone said, de-camo that beret