News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: The Closure AKA A Mappers answer to Half-Life 3  (Read 1131 times)

Lateralus

• Pit Drone
    • www.titsassesanddicks.cum
The Closure AKA A Mappers answer to Half-Life 3
« on: March 05, 2015, 05:58:46 AM »
This is truly one of the most impressive upcoming source engine projects I've ever seen

STORY: This mod will start were the original Half Life2 episode 2 ended, with the death of Alyx her father. She became sick by the loss and layes in bed. Magnusson needs Gordon to look for Kleiner, because he has disapeared. The last time he did see Kleiner was when he spoke about going to the Borealis to blow the ship and everything inside up. Gordon needs to travel by airplane to the North pole and find Kleiner, and save the ship. Will you be on time? And will you find out what the secret cargo is that is inside the ship? -Leon Brinkmann AKA SPY-maps

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-closure

According to Leon the mod is close to being done, i hope it will be as great as his previous mods.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 07:15:46 AM by BonkFaggot »

Lateralus

• Pit Drone
Re: The Closure AKA A Mappers answer to Half-Life 3
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 12:45:28 PM »
Looks impressive doesn't it?

Trilkin

• HoE Project
  • Black Op
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 05:24:16 AM »
Yeah, I'll admit it does look highly ambitious.
I spy with my little eye, what looks like a Replica Elite from FEAR 2.

Lateralus

• Pit Drone
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 08:44:06 AM »
Yeah, I'll admit it does look highly ambitious.
I spy with my little eye, what looks like a Replica Elite from FEAR 2.

"i try to use as many new assets in this mod as possible, because we all have played so many times mods with the original hl2 assets,
like weapons and skins that it starts to get dull.
At least to me, i like to see new stuff, so i try to change as much as possible." -leon

Incase you're wondering where they came from: http://hl2.gamebanana.com/skins/134846

Trilkin

• HoE Project
  • Black Op
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 04:53:59 PM »
Hey, hey, no offense meant. I actually don't care that much if material from other games is recycled. If the material is there, and you can make reusing it make sense, I say go ahead and do it.

The modder genuinely seems to care about his work, which is unusual for Moddb. He gives semi-regular updates and seems really committed. Good for him.

It's certainly a better bet to wait for this than to fruitlessly wait for the "real" EP3.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 04:56:40 PM by Trilkin »