News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: Orion, Activision and Stealing Content from other Games.  (Read 1911 times)

Editor

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
Orion, Activision and Stealing Content from other Games.
« on: July 01, 2016, 04:22:48 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjhkeLg0uQI

People stealing assets from other games is still a thing people. I know there are lots of devs from this community and we are all pro's, but just a reminder that nerds still think it is ok to steal someone else's work....

If anyone hears more on how this is unfolding, post here.

Lateralus

• Pit Drone
    • www.titsassesanddicks.cum
Re: Orion, Activision and Stealing Content from other Games.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 01:38:17 AM »
Im Pretty sure they didn't really Steal anything from Activision, they just made a Model that looked similar to one of theirs and Activision over reacted.

Activision is a Moron Company anyway, its not like their Latest Call of Duty didn't Copy off another Game.

*cough*cough*Titanfall*cough*cough*
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 02:06:27 AM by Lil'Gaz »

Editor

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 04:05:13 PM »
The evidence put forward is pretty damning and numerous.

Steel

• Zombie
  • Sven Co-op Testing Team
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 09:45:51 AM »
That video was horrible. I should have searched for something better. Those two little girls should stop laughing and instead focus on their talking, so people can actually understand them.

Anyway, I can't really see much problem with Orion. All that "evidence" just seems pretty weak and doesn't convince me at all. Yeah, that Bobba Fett helmet is obvious, but that's it. Activision should go hide before community buries them. We all know how greedy those bastards are. Just look at their dozens of overpriced DLCs that contain pretty much nothing. So yeah, you can tell I'm not on their side.

Also, there are MUCH worse atrocities on Steam. Indie "developers" using Unity asset demo as their game and selling it for money, developers obviously stealing and copying from other games (Unturned has at least two copies on Steam, both cost money while Unturned is free), games with zero effort intended just for a quick buck. Steam should focus on those instead of the good stuff. Valve itself is guilty of extreme greed and broken policies.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 10:46:15 AM by Steel »

Lateralus

• Pit Drone
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 11:07:53 AM »
That video was horrible. I should have searched for something better. Those two little girls should stop laughing and instead focus on their talking, so people can actually understand them.

Anyway, I can't really see much problem with Orion. All that "evidence" just seems pretty weak and doesn't convince me at all. Yeah, that Bobba Fett helmet is obvious, but that's it. Activision should go hide before community buries them. We all know how greedy those bastards are. Just look at their dozens of overpriced DLCs that contain pretty much nothing. So yeah, you can tell I'm not on their side.

Also, there are MUCH worse atrocities on Steam. Indie "developers" using Unity asset demo as their game and selling it for money, developers obviously stealing and copying from other games (Unturned has at least two copies on Steam, both cost money while Unturned is free), games with zero effort intended just for a quick buck. Steam should focus on those instead of the good stuff. Valve itself is guilty of extreme greed and broken policies.
This and Valve needs to Improve their Piece of Shit Customer Support.

I Feel like Valve has become EA 2.0, if they ever Release Half-Life 3 (and it turns out great for that matter) then I'll Trust them again.

Steel

• Zombie
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 01:11:50 AM »
I dunno. With all that's happening on Steam, all the changes, policy etc. AND their own creations, I'm not sure if I should trust them. I mean, all their games more or less delivered what people expected, but I still can't get rid of the feeling that all their secrecy is starting to get a bit inappropriate. To be honest, I'm not much of a fan of HL2, so I don't care much about the hyped sequel either. But there just wasn't any information at all. Maybe just one concept art. People on various forums are already making wild assumptions about Source 2 engine, modding and mapping and so on... I don't understand why though. I wouldn't dare to guess with this little knowledge. There's always a risk of disappointment if you have high expectations.

Lateralus

• Pit Drone
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 04:55:50 AM »
I dunno. With all that's happening on Steam, all the changes, policy etc. AND their own creations, I'm not sure if I should trust them. I mean, all their games more or less delivered what people expected, but I still can't get rid of the feeling that all their secrecy is starting to get a bit inappropriate. To be honest, I'm not much of a fan of HL2, so I don't care much about the hyped sequel either. But there just wasn't any information at all. Maybe just one concept art. People on various forums are already making wild assumptions about Source 2 engine, modding and mapping and so on... I don't understand why though. I wouldn't dare to guess with this little knowledge. There's always a risk of disappointment if you have high expectations.
Yeah I didn't really like Half-Life 2 either, it felt very Lackluster compared to Half-Life 1, the Weapon Arsenal was very generic and none of the Awesome Aliens from the First One (save the Headcrabs and their Zombie Hosts & the Vortigaunts) Return.

And the Gravity Gun (whilst Fun to Use) felt Gimmicky and was pretty much made to show the Physics Feature of the Source Engine.

SPRKH

• Cry of Fear Team
  • Big Momma
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 02:18:35 PM »
Oh jesus christ haha its actually "that" Orion. Dave never ceases to amaze.  :coolbiden:

Steel

• Zombie
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 02:48:32 PM »
Oh jesus christ haha its actually "that" Orion. Dave never ceases to amaze.  :coolbiden:

I'm not going to lie, I don't have any personal experience with the game, so I can't judge it properly. Just from what I've seen, I'm not yet convinced about all the "stolen" stuff.

What is the game like? Any good?

SPRKH

• Cry of Fear Team
  • Big Momma
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 03:42:17 PM »

I'm not going to lie, I don't have any personal experience with the game, so I can't judge it properly. Just from what I've seen, I'm not yet convinced about all the "stolen" stuff.

I actually worked on one of his projects a long-ass time ago. It was a trainwreck back then, and by now david has built up quite the reputation. There was recently drama over him firing people and not paying them. Some things never change i guess.

Lateralus

• Pit Drone
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2016, 08:08:27 PM »

It's pretty good for what's in it so far.

Editor

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2016, 04:51:30 PM »
http://steamcommunity.com/games/104900/announcements/detail/834672025538464725

Nerds never win.

Last night I received evidence directly from Activision regarding assets not even mentioned in public yet. Upon receiving this it became immediately apparent that blatant rips were made. While the artist offered to remake any assets at no cost, he has now been fired immediately upon learning this. This will slightly affect production and I will get into that later.

Really funny how he is trying to make it sound like he didn't know. Nothing like passing the buck.

Megan

• Pit Drone
  • #fartbag
    • Vera Visions
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2016, 09:14:22 PM »
LOL!! This guy is a tool. He's got quite the history of being an asshole. I like his solution to all of his problems (Let's fire everybody!)

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2016, 07:41:41 PM »
( WE FIRED PEOPLE )
This is the name of the game. We work remotely and independently, so sometimes talent doesn't work out. However it wasn't purely related to strangers and anyone that steals or tries to steal hardware, money or do other shady things doesn't have a place at Trek.
Wow.

Lateralus

• Pit Drone
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2016, 04:04:05 AM »
LOL!! This guy is a tool. He's got quite the history of being an asshole. I like his solution to all of his problems (Let's fire everybody!)
You know who's also a Tool?

You.

Bekey

• twitter.com/@bekey_
  • Administrator
  • Roach
  • Some other nerd
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2016, 04:08:25 PM »
Why are you defending a spoiled rich-boy, with parents that have a mansion, and no sense for non-shady working conditions.
Nah?

Megan

• Pit Drone
  • #fartbag
    • Vera Visions
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2016, 11:36:59 PM »
You know who's also a Tool?

You.

Lol :getoutnerd: Why are you so mad?