News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: [SC] Huge Community Members NPC Pack (v5)  (Read 1328 times)

Garompa

• Roach
[SC] Huge Community Members NPC Pack (v5)
« on: November 05, 2017, 10:46:23 PM »
Huge Sven Coop Community Members NPC pack
v5 by Garompa, as of 30/04/2019

249 unique NPCs based on the SC forums and discord most important members.

NPCs are split into folders of each type of npc they replace for easy lookup!

JUST...WHY?

Because I needed npcs for my ripenting endeavors. Better to have a bunch of community members to help you or kill you than generic grunts and such, plus they all take part in the story of these planned ripents.

I decided I rather release them all as a big pack because it could be useful to someone else too.

Each of them looks like they do because

- It's based on the member's name
- It's based on the member's forum or discord avatar
- Makes more sense as it takes part in a story (tried to evade designs that come from other game franchises and things that make not much sense as far as I could)

More about the crazy backstories in the readme!

CREDITS: Listed inside the readme file!

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/f99m9y7v6zxcuwr/NPCs_v5.7z/file

Screenshots:
https://imgur.com/a/rLhwQKo

Mirrors welcome!

Link to the official forums if you need: https://forums.svencoop.com/showthread.php/45059-Huge-members-pack?p=529051
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 03:06:59 AM by Garompa »

zikshadow

• Pit Drone
  • Somehow, I'm still alive.
Re: [Sven Coop] Huge community member npc pack
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 03:09:27 PM »
It probably would still be a good idea to update the credits of every individual model as best you can. It's a bad idea to generalize the hard work of many people into just a couple of individuals or a "team/group".

That's the pet peeve that got me to spend all those times to name every single person and what they did in my Remod's credits, even then I still couldn't avoid naming just one person or a group/team, because the origin of the model that I acquired it from (be it a model pack, a mod, or something else) didn't have proper credits in the first place (just being either namedumps that doesn't list who worked on what or just putting it all on the guy who made the previous pack that the other pack was taking the model from).
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 03:16:46 PM by zikshadow »

AleKK

• Scientists
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 08:42:11 PM »
It probably would still be a good idea to update the credits of every individual model as best you can. It's a bad idea to generalize the hard work of many people into just a couple of individuals or a "team/group".

That's the pet peeve that got me to spend all those times to name every single person and what they did in my Remod's credits, even then I still couldn't avoid naming just one person or a group/team, because the origin of the model that I acquired it from (be it a model pack, a mod, or something else) didn't have proper credits in the first place (just being either namedumps that doesn't list who worked on what or just putting it all on the guy who made the previous pack that the other pack was taking the model from).

+1. Actually, that's what i was trying to tell in the first place. Want it or not, you have to do it
The idea behind it is nice, of course, and implementation was funny (although, many members stated, that their "avatars" were not serious enough). But i bet, that authors were not even put in account when this pack was making (but i may be mistaken)

By the way, taking the screenshots of all 156 models was not needed. It is not necessary, and admins were not pointing that out specifically
It's great to be part of the greater good!

JohnChronic

• Half-Life 1.5 Team
  • Pit Drone
  • Formerly Abyss 25
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 01:25:50 AM »
People should be less concerned about credits and just be happy that their work for this old ass game is still in circulation on the internet. That's the way I see it anyways, when I see stuff I've made going into mods uncredited, I'm just happy they chose my work.

Edit: Great model pack btw, 156 models is impressive as hell
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 01:27:38 AM by JohnChronic »
Fairly pro texture artist.

Garompa

• Roach
Re: [SC] Huge Community Members NPC Pack (v5)
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2019, 01:51:49 AM »
I have updated it to the final version. Added almost double the amount of NPCs covering absolutely all important community members and also a proper credits readme file (although I couldn't go into specifics of who made what, but it's better than nothing!)

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2019, 10:46:11 AM »

Beer doge is the best doge

Editor

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2019, 02:42:06 AM »
Have to agree with Alex on this.