News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: Need help again!  (Read 81 times)

PlayMann

• Roach
Need help again!
« on: September 14, 2018, 09:58:35 AM »
Hello there. You may remember me from the counter strike beta models discussion, now here I am with something different. Now, I would love to replace the Day of Defeat retail models with the 3.1 ones, but I'm having some problems, like what am I going to do with gear bodygroup and other stuff. If you know how to do this, please let me know, I want to get this finished! I will also credit you at the end since I will probably post it at gamebanana.

Editor

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
Re: Need help again!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 07:16:11 AM »
As a person that was heavily involved in the DoD scene, I can tell you you'd have to recompile both models and reassign the model mesh to the new animations since they are entirely different.

SPRKH

• Cry of Fear Team
  • Gman
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 12:24:38 PM »
As a person that was heavily involved in the DoD scene, I can tell you you'd have to recompile both models and reassign the model mesh to the new animations since they are entirely different.

Do they also use a different bone structure? If not, it's as ez as swapping ref smds.

PlayMann

• Roach
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 05:08:43 PM »
So when I had everything done (Beta models with the retail skeletons and retail animations) I got an error while I was compiling back to mdl from qc. This is only problem I am dealing with now.