News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: [SC] Nostalgia Classic pack for all models  (Read 714 times)

Garompa

• Roach
[SC] Nostalgia Classic pack for all models
« on: May 02, 2019, 06:59:54 AM »
== "Nostalgia Pack" ==
for Sven Co-op 5.x -- by Garompa

a remake of the old-school low-definition weapons, items, NPCs, and sound designs in higher quality

FEATURES:

- New higher quality designs more in line with old-school 1998 weapon, NPC and item designs
- Proper design consistencies (WARNING: MP5 is not the MP5SD from the v_ models, its the MP5 from the w_ and p_ models. It was chosen over the mp5sd since there is no MP5 slim grip anywhere and had to be done justice! plus it goes well with the reason that it has a muzzleflash and loud sound)
- FOV/weapon position mimicking those from the old days
- In-texture texts recreated as best as was possible (with much help, we tried to figure out what those pixelated tiny textures were saying)
- Old-school sounds in high quality for weapons, items, buttons, doors, effects and ambience
- Added remakes of little models: gibs and pickupeables (with accurate Valve designs)
- Draw sounds for all weapons (plus unused official SC draw handgun sound)
- Added missing reload sounds for RPG and Crossbow
- p_ and w_ model size consistencies (can feel very tiny for some people)
- Ammo consistencies across all weapons (same models for the same bullets and shells)
- Animation fixes to a few weapons (aside from new animations on some others):
--UZI: No more floating fingers
--SAW: No floating fingers when firing
--Gauss: Hand holding the gauss underneath (just like the playermodels do)

Screenshots
Download
Mirror

Credits inside the readme

Link to the original post in the official forums:  https://forums.svencoop.com/showthread.php/46365-The-Nostalgia-Classic-pack
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 08:47:09 PM by Garompa »

Besli

• HoE Project
  • Baby Gargantua
  • Mr. Database
Re: [SC] Nostalgia Classic pack for all models
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 06:31:01 PM »
Some really nice stuff in there! :cop:
If you don't like it, mod it! (DaniJ)

Garompa

• Roach
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 03:31:04 AM »
I have reuploaded with an extra optional desert eagle animations (now the default pack contains the deagle with default anims instead). Bigger sized w_ models for some ammo and weapons, and a fixed 9mmhandgun slide on the v model (for some reason it had a seam). This should be completely final now! ENJOY!

zikshadow

• Pit Drone
  • Somehow, I'm still alive.
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 04:16:47 AM »
The M40A1 seems to have its bolt clipping through when reloading its chamber.

Sound effects are inconsistent in quality, fuzzy 11khz/22khz side-by-side with crispy 44khz stuff.

Besli

• HoE Project
  • Baby Gargantua
  • Mr. Database
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 11:50:26 PM »
Hey Garompa, you added a 1024x1024 texture to the nihilanth.
Can you also do that on the pit worm model?

Garompa

• Roach
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 02:57:35 AM »
Sure  thing Besli, added to the pack, also added you with extra credit for it :D enjoy

zik: that's on the animations, should blame the sven co-op team for it haha!

zikshadow

• Pit Drone
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 07:44:32 AM »
There are always compromises.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 08:11:06 AM by zikshadow »

Besli

• HoE Project
  • Baby Gargantua
  • Mr. Database
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2019, 08:12:09 AM »
Sure  thing Besli, added to the pack, also added you with extra credit for it :D enjoy

zik: that's on the animations, should blame the sven co-op team for it haha!

Thank you!

AleKK

• Scientists
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2019, 12:03:51 PM »
Excuse me, can you, please, explain where exactly SC Team is to blame?

It's great to be part of the greater good!

zikshadow

• Pit Drone
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2019, 12:44:39 PM »
It's always tricky when it comes to rigging new meshes on existing animations. I believe what Garompa is saying is that while the mesh itself has nothing wrong with it, and probably positioned properly along SC's M40A1, the animation itself is the cause as to why the new rifle bolt got misaligned.

My alternative was making the bolt slightly smaller and reposition it in a way that you could still technically see the bolt working without having it clip out of the action.

Norman The Loli Pirate

• Soldier
  • Los! Los! Los!
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2019, 04:17:44 PM »
The mesh was lowered slightly, probably as a way to hide the slight gap between the left hand and the rifle, this had the side effect of the bolt no longer being center with the origin of the bone thus making it off as it rotates. A better way to have fixed the gap would have been to just edit the stock of the rifle and leave the rest of the gun alone.

Also I don't mean to be a turbo nerd about this but you really need to learn how to fix the smoothing on your edited models because they look terrible as they are right now. I'd strongly recommend learning a better program like Max or Blender since they both have auto smoothing features that will make the models look much better with little to no effort. (In Blender for example you can just set an angle and it'll make the edges sharp depending on that, Max is probably the same) You can do it in MS3D but it takes forever to do.

You removed Toadie's hidden text, I am not ok with this.
Signatures are for nerds

AleKK

• Scientists
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2019, 05:04:02 PM »
...you really need to learn how to fix the smoothing on your edited models because they look terrible as they are right now. I'd strongly recommend learning a better program like Max or Blender since they both have auto smoothing features that will make the models look much better with little to no effort...

Or, you can just uncheck this button, and everything will be good as ever

No, i'm not discouraging people from learning better programms, but saying "MS3D always mess my normals up" is wrong and unfair. Yes, it has problems, but not exactly this one (like, it handles rotations pretty terribly when this button is unchecked)
It's great to be part of the greater good!

Lateralus

• Pit Drone
    • www.titsassesanddicks.cum
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2019, 02:53:55 PM »
Will you add in Blue Shift & Opposing Force Hands?

Megan

• Pit Drone
  • #fartbag
    • Vera Visions
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2019, 08:57:23 PM »
I'm curious to know if my gibs I recently released are in this.

Garompa

• Roach
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2019, 08:46:20 PM »
Norman, AleKK & zik:
oh sorry! I actually started work on the m40a1 like ages ago, so I didn't really remember what I did. I believe what Norman says is right, I did compensate the floating hand thing which was annoying and that created a problem. I thought the animations were to blame but my bad memory got the best of me.
I have added zikshadow's fix to the pack with credits. The model seems ok.

About textures, my apologies if I deleted hidden text from some textures on some models. Not truly intended (probably textured over them and forgot, or perhaps on some i edited the UVs a bit and was a problem). After this much work I have forgotten where did this happen and will probably not revisit to fix small easter eggs by the original texture authors.

Also, to some eyes the smoothing on some models may seem off (they look ok to most people).

This may make some people unhappy and seem unfair but understand I have spent too much time on this and I don't want to spend any more time on it since I have a krapton of irl stuff to do.

That's why:
You are free to modify, enhance, optimize, use, and mirror this pack. But remember to give credits to all the original creators!