News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: HL2 Crysis  (Read 3238 times)

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
HL2 Crysis
« on: September 25, 2008, 12:27:50 PM »
I'm not making this mod, I just stumbled accross it.  Basically its a total rip off of Crysis, but it looks to be pretty fun, and the map they've made looks pretty good in the video they have.

They seem to have a working Nanosuit too which is pretty impressive, although the changes you make with it don't seem to change the appearance of your arms.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/smod-crysis

Hopefully this will be released soon - I'm still waiting for my copy of Crysis Warhead to arrive through the post.  F-ing Amazon!

SPRKH

• Cry of Fear Team
  • Big Momma
Re: HL2 Crysis
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 05:29:10 PM »
lolillegal

Leska

• Angry Dyke
  • Zombie
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 07:34:46 PM »
What are you talking about? That looks like complete ass.

*Had more, but was shot for being an ass*
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 07:40:42 PM by Rayne »

Burd!

• Global Moderator
  • Big Momma
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 08:38:45 PM »
Well that's a complete rip of a game. I don't mind a few illegal models here and there, but that's an entire fucking game!

As for the video, I think it looks pretty sweet.

D3ads

• Baby Gargantua
  • Stoj! Opasna Zona!
    • Moddb Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 01:19:39 AM »
That looks horrible, what's the point in porting Crysis to an inferior engine? Looks to me like they've only ported the gun, the rest is a mixture of custom stuff and default HL2. The videos are pretty nice, the visuals look like FarCry quality.

[edit]lol they use the same texture book plants I used in my jungle props :P

[edit2] That muzzleflash sprite looks like the one I made for Paranoia.. o_O
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 01:25:30 AM by D3ads »

Nige111

• NS Project
  • Zombie
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 09:55:36 AM »
I wish they would keep consistant with the models, using the Crysis SCAR, but using that same old MP7 as the SMG and that sniper thing released on FPSB as the high velocity rifle.

Greer

• Pit Drone
  • That lil' robot fella
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 08:07:10 AM »
I saw this mod long before and i think its pretty good idea, its like Half-Life 1 on Source or something.Still hoping that they will release it soon.
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury. Not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom. Good time to take...inventory."

Da Fat Cat

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 11:37:26 PM »
I saw this mod long before and i think its pretty good idea, its like Half-Life 1 on Source or something.Still hoping that they will release it soon.

Except Hl1 on Source would improve the game.  Going from the Crysis engine to Source is like remaking Hl2 in Quake.  The good thing is people can play it without buying NASA computers.
...I remember my early puberty, used to masturbate to the newly released HD model pack that came with the Half-Life Blue Shift video game.

enablerbr

• Roach
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 12:25:14 PM »
when i saw the title of the thread. i was expecting to see HL2 being made in Crysis. either way is a bad idea.

Simon

• BSR Team
  • Baby Gargantua
  • Whiskey brony
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 02:51:14 PM »
Forget it the damn thing was trashed