News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: [WIP] SPAS-12  (Read 5033 times)

Pete

• Roach
[WIP] SPAS-12
« on: February 14, 2007, 06:55:41 PM »
First post, yay. Hi :]

Huge pictures ahoy..

Model and texture are both mine if you're curious. Working on compiles currently.

Let me know what you think, i'd appreciate constructive criticism and your opinions. :]

firba1

• Roach
    • firba1's Homepage
Re: [WIP] SPAS-12
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 07:56:47 PM »
That looks... AWESOME!
-"Cheese is Good"

hydeph

• Scientists
    • hydeph
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 01:49:28 AM »
Aye, it looks very nice, apart from being a tad skinny, which I believe is the perspective of the renders. I'm used to the much fatter  SD/HD HL SPAS-12, so ignore that.  ???

The skin looks a tad bland in some spots, it could definitely be spiced up on the rear of pistol grip, along the folded stock and that block at the end of the folded stock is rather flat on all sides.

Other than those two areas, this looks very well done. The slide rails look great with the scratches/wear marks.

This would be an excellent replacement for the HL2 SPAS, it would fit in great.

Welcome to the forums :]

for great justice

James

• Administrator
  • Big Momma
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 12:09:46 PM »
I can't really find any faults apart from what Hydeph has pointed out. Welcome to the forums, Pete!

Pete

• Roach
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 05:10:12 PM »
Thanks for the welcome :]

About the width, I agree, it is a little bit thinner than it should be. It doesn't bother me much, though if it was a problem to anyone else they could just do a little tweaking, I doubt it'd stretch the texture noticeably seeing as its just a minor thing.

Agreed about the back of the pistol grip, haven't finished the texture there. I think there's 1-2 smallish details there IRL. Similarly, after doing this render i'd added some details to that 'block' on the end of the folding stock, doesn't look so plain there anymore.

And yep, it'll go into HL and HL2 at some point. Already got it compiled for CS, TS, and CS:S. Once it's all ready i'll make sure to share it :]

Editor

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 11:58:48 PM »
Simply amazing work! Also welcome to the forums ;D, glad to see you.

We will have to host the HL compile on HIT Model Depot

SureShot

• Roach
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 03:13:11 PM »
zomg si pete D:

The only thing I was primarily going to point out (actually, I did elsewhere) was the faux indents on the barrel details.  But it seems as if you switched them round so it worked out alrighty.