News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: [WIP] Mossberg 590  (Read 5709 times)

Pete

• Roach
[WIP] Mossberg 590
« on: February 27, 2007, 08:29:46 PM »
Yup, another shotgun :p

Got the majority of it done in a few hours yesterday, did the pistol grip, rear sight, rail and shell holder today.

Still to do; a heatshield, and an aimpoint to go on the rail. So obviously, the usual customisability. For the less observant, there's 2 different barrels, 2 different rear grips, a shell holder, rear ghost ring sights, and a receiver mounted rail for optics.

Ignore the 2 slightly different render styles on some of the versions, was messing around with different stuff. Speaking of which, they're probably not the best renders, so if there's anything you'd like a better look at, just ask, as usual. Not going for pinpoint accuracy, but if you see anything wrong, let me know, that'd be great.

ps megathanks to loggerererererer for doing that thumb indent thing on the full stock. eternal <3

James

• Administrator
  • Big Momma
Re: [WIP] Mossberg 590
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 11:57:29 PM »
Oh Pete, oh Pete. This is looking mighty slick, good job. I checked it over trying to find any errors and uh... Couldn't find any. Good job!

Although actually, is that a smoothing error in the top left of the ejection port?

Anywho, what's this going to be compiled for? (If anything)

SureShot

• Roach
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 01:06:32 AM »
Although actually, is that a smoothing error in the top left of the ejection port?

If I recall, thats just the way the ejector is built on the actual weapon.

e: http://talks.guns.ru/forummessage/60/2-3.html

If they help at all.

Pete

• Roach
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 07:31:06 PM »
Oh Pete, oh Pete. This is looking mighty slick, good job. I checked it over trying to find any errors and uh... Couldn't find any. Good job!

Anywho, what's this going to be compiled for? (If anything)

As SS said, yup, it's the way it's shaped, there's a hole there for whatever reason IRL.

Dunno what it'll be compiled for... anything really.

hydeph

• Scientists
    • hydeph
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 10:24:30 PM »
Looks really slick, it's quite accurate as far as I'm concerned..

I see you've done some variations already, are you gunna go crazy like your FAL?

for great justice

Pete

• Roach
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 11:48:33 AM »
Not as crazy. ;D Like I said in the first post, i'll probably just do a heatshield and aimpoint.

cSMG

• Scientists
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 11:45:47 PM »
Half-Life 1 compile?

Pete

• Roach
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 10:01:44 PM »
Likely.

More parts. D: An aimpoint, a heatshield, and the Serbu super shorty version (hey, why not).

The aimpoint lens is yellow because that's the colour of the UV map. 2 of those will be in view ingame; one'll be the lens and one'll be the dot that you aim with, both additive or transparent. It's a little over 1k tris by itself.

The heatshield didn't come out too well. It's riddled with minor smoothing errors as you can see and stands at about 2480 triangles :\ Blame the fact it's got 72 10 sided holes. So i'll probably end up just using transparency/alpha maps.

And the super shorty... was looking through some videos saved from ages ago, and one was of a super shorty. i'd almost forgot they were made from M590s, all it needed was an edited barrel and some small new bits, and voila.

hydeph

• Scientists
    • hydeph
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 02:14:05 AM »

for great justice

James

• Administrator
  • Big Momma
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007, 10:36:30 PM »
Oh hay, I'm really fond of the Super Shorty.

That was the first proper model I skinned. =D