News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: [REQ]Texture fix for colour changing  (Read 3124 times)

Greer

• Pit Drone
  • That lil' robot fella
[REQ]Texture fix for colour changing
« on: December 02, 2008, 02:41:04 PM »
Okey, well, i got colour change to work BUT i need someone to reskin/recolour HEV to change colour(it must be noticeable).Thanks for help if someone will.
Link on model - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?txigoa1xngm
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury. Not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom. Good time to take...inventory."

SPRKH

• Cry of Fear Team
  • Big Momma
Re: [REQ]Texture fix for colour changing
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 11:39:38 PM »
Uh, what colours?

Greer

• Pit Drone
  • That lil' robot fella
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 12:58:57 AM »
Colour change like in TFC arm model.
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury. Not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom. Good time to take...inventory."

SPRKH

• Cry of Fear Team
  • Big Momma
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 09:09:10 AM »
AND WHAT COLOURS ARE THOSE

Nige111

• NS Project
  • Zombie
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 09:16:50 AM »
red and yellow and pink and green, orange and purple and blue.

Vulpine Complex

• Administrator
  • Pit Drone
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 09:41:45 AM »
Cut it out you two wastes of carbon.

Greer: Extract the texture from one of the TFC player models and look at where the red color is on the color table. It's that specific area of color that becomes remappable, and that area is defined by the texture name. In example, colors 160 through 191 are remappable plus the color bit 223 on remap1_160_191_223.

Greer

• Pit Drone
  • That lil' robot fella
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 12:20:00 PM »
Well, duh.On texture i use it changes those grey dots, and it wont change if i make it b&w so im asking someone with good Photoshop skills.
P.S. Sporkeh, did you even just play TFC?>.> it changes colours on original texture from red to blue so you see team you picked.My texture wont change fully or enough so you can see so im asking for help.

Burd!

• Global Moderator
  • Big Momma
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 12:23:19 PM »
You can edit palletes with tools in GIMP. Make your texture map, and then edit it with the palletes tool. This will show you the overlay of all the colors. Do what Akrat da Rat says, and your gold. (don't ban me tofuplx :v:)

Greer

• Pit Drone
  • That lil' robot fella
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 12:32:34 PM »
Downloading GIMP...hoping that trick will work.I will look through colours and if there is colours from 160 to 191 i will change name of file to it(it was DM_Base before)

SPRKH

• Cry of Fear Team
  • Big Momma
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 12:56:35 PM »
Cut it out you two wastes of carbon.

Greer: Extract the texture from one of the TFC player models and look at where the red color is on the color table. It's that specific area of color that becomes remappable, and that area is defined by the texture name. In example, colors 160 through 191 are remappable plus the color bit 223 on remap1_160_191_223.

Right, because I'm totally able to read other people's minds so I know exactly what they want the second they request something vague.

Vulpine Complex

• Administrator
  • Pit Drone
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 01:17:10 PM »
Right, because I'm totally able to read other people's minds so I know exactly what they want the second they request something vague.

Alright, I admit I was in the wrong there. The comment still stands for Nige however. :v:

Also, Greer, you can try Paint.Net. I prefer it to Gimp for all my free-image-editing needs.

Greer

• Pit Drone
  • That lil' robot fella
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 01:21:30 PM »
Well, i think i got it slightly better.

hraiser

• Roach
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2008, 10:27:27 PM »
I get the same problem where the arm colors won't change. Makes it very confusing when you're on Blu and have Red arms.  :argh: