Username:

Password:

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Srredfire's mapping contest  (Read 944493 times)

Hemuuuli

• Ragnarok Arena Team
  • Roach
Srredfire's mapping contest
« on: December 22, 2008, 02:02:40 AM »

I am taking part in Srredfire's mapping contest in interlopers.
The topic of the contest is what makes me happy. I have been allways an altruistic person and I like to help people. I hope that you'll find these maps helpfull.

I am making 3 maps for this mod, because I want to support your great work and hope that this mod will grow bigger and better in future.

The three maps I am making are:

ra_prison (Nova prospct styled prison)   ~95% Completed, lighting issues
ra_town  (Like Ravenholm, but in day settings)   ~80% Completed, needs more details
ra_cliff    (Its a cliff, duh! but beware! you can fall down and die)   ~40% completed

I'll post more pictures into interlopers thread: http://www.interlopers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26824

I am going to release maps as a one pack, but you might spot me in server list and can download and join the game where I am testing maps with my friend.

Vulpine Complex

• Administrator
  • Black Op
Re: Srredfire's mapping contest
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 03:13:52 AM »

Woah, that's really cool! I can't wait to see what the other maps look like.

Fawwles

• Scientists
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 03:25:10 AM »

That's a nice map you've got there! How long did it take you to make those maps? Good luck with all three of them, and good luck in the contest.
Current projects:
ra_smb1 - 90% finished

Hemuuuli

• Ragnarok Arena Team
  • Roach
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 04:53:58 AM »

How long did it take you to make those maps?

That part in screenshot was made about in 1 hours if you don't count the compile process. The lights and decals (posters etc.) I added later on and it takes only a couple of minutes. :)

If you want more accurate time you should add the time that was taken when I was drawing a layout. It adds more minutes to it. Playtesting took a while too, cubemapbuilding process took... aah screw it!

It took about 2h to make that thing ;)

(and its only a 1/4 of the map)

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 05:05:10 AM »

Yeah something like that is pretty easy to make :P  I made the ra_HOE map in a couple of hours, it took longer to debug it though :P

quadraxas

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 11:44:04 AM »

playtested his/her(?) maps minutes ago(the nova_prospekt and town i guess) and i can surely say they are pretty much better than some official maps(no offense.).

Keep up the good work.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 11:50:06 AM by quadraxas »

Hemuuuli

• Ragnarok Arena Team
  • Roach
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 12:24:26 PM »

playtested his/her(?) maps minutes ago(the nova_prospekt and town i guess) and i can surely say they are pretty much better than some official maps(no offense.).

Keep up the good work.

Thank you! The third map is allmost finished too (I just need to remove crossbows. One shot - one kill isn't too funny).

Nova prospect is renamed to prison. And it's he. I know only a one girl mapper and she is my gf and I she learned it from me. :)

Hemuuuli

• Ragnarok Arena Team
  • Roach
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2008, 04:16:09 AM »

I went to my gf's home for this holiday and I didn't know that her computer was broken. I can't finish maps before it is repaired. I am not precipitating this competition anymore but I'll release maps as soon as I can finish them.

Vulpine Complex

• Administrator
  • Black Op
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 09:58:25 PM »

What's 'de status on 'des?

Hemuuuli

• Ragnarok Arena Team
  • Roach
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 09:00:52 AM »

What's 'de status on 'des?

My holiday got longer that I expected, but I am back at home now and I'll do one playtest session with my friend, do final tweaking and release them. There is a small fourth map too and I'll release that too. Its playing around with gravity gun and tossing barrels on the other players (haven't playtested yet so I dunno how well it works).

Fawwles

• Scientists
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 06:32:02 AM »

Its playing around with gravity gun and tossing barrels on the other players (haven't playtested yet so I dunno how well it works.

If I remember correctly from my testing, the gravity gun cannot be picked up. I had an idea similar to this, where the fighting would be gravity gun and melee only.
Current projects:
ra_smb1 - 90% finished

Hemuuuli

• Ragnarok Arena Team
  • Roach
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2009, 08:51:01 AM »

bla bla...

If I remember correctly from my testing, the gravity gun cannot be picked up. I had an idea similar to this, where the fighting would be gravity gun and melee only.

I playtested map.
You can pick up the gravity gun (it is a melee wep so you need to drop it first) and you get kills when you toss objects! It was really funny and gravity gun worked just like in Codename Gordon.

Fawwles

• Scientists
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2009, 10:11:21 AM »

I playtested map.
You can pick up the gravity gun (it is a melee wep so you need to drop it first) and you get kills when you toss objects! It was really funny and gravity gun worked just like in Codename Gordon.

Ah, there's where I went wrong. I thought it had a seperate slot, but picking it up was disabled.
Current projects:
ra_smb1 - 90% finished

Vulpine Complex

• Administrator
  • Black Op
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009, 02:02:14 PM »

Yeah, I can honestly say that using the gravity gun is really fun.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 02:32:21 PM by Ackart »

Fawwles

• Scientists
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2009, 02:30:53 PM »

Yeah, I can honestly say that using the gravity gun is really fun..

Agreed. :v:
Current projects:
ra_smb1 - 90% finished
Pages: [1]