News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: Merry Christmas from HLC!  (Read 4656 times)

Vulpine Complex

• Administrator
  • Black Op
Merry Christmas from HLC!
« on: December 24, 2008, 01:56:39 AM »
Well Christmas is nearly here, if not already for some of you in the world who are a few hours ahead and do we have gifts for you!

The File section has been launched with a mirror to Sven Coop V4.0B! It and other files are in the process of being uploaded to our new system. This system is available for all people to download from and enjoy. Mod teams have been given private sections to upload development files of larger sizes to share with their team members in a secure way using the forums membergroups.

RSS feeds are now available for you Web 2.0 savvy people who love Half-Life Creations so much you want to RSS the Announcements forum or the News forum of your favorite hosted modification.

More updates and Christmas surprises are to follow, enjoy and have a Merry Christmas!

Ackart

Sven Coop 4.0b

ps. We've even got our own Sven Coop Beta 4 server up and running.

Server name: half-lifecreations.com Sven Coop Beta 4
Server IP: 209.198.171.154

We hope to see you there!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 03:00:14 AM by Ackart »

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
Re: Merry Christmas from HLC!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 06:33:21 AM »
Merry Christmas everyone!  Even if you aren't Christian (I'm an atheist) I wish you a Merry Christmas :)

I for sure shall be on that server shortly!  Well done to the SC team for getting this out in time for Xmas, talk about awesome!

Greer

• Combine
  • That lil' robot fella
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 06:43:45 AM »
HOLYO_O*stands infront of screen, waiting for download to finish*holy jesus....
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury. Not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom. Good time to take...inventory."

Burd!

• Global Moderator
  • Gman
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 08:32:27 AM »
Merry Christmas everyone!  Even if you aren't Christian (I'm an atheist) I wish you a Merry Christmas :)

Yep, same here ;D

Merry C Day to you peeps, stay warm! (for those in the cold, like me :[ )

Matuka

• Hosted
  • Big Momma
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 08:35:39 AM »
Merry christmas to all of you... :D

Edit
Damn, I thought I had V4 beta, Seems that yesterday I downloaded V3... XD I`m now having to redownload it all again and re-install and all that stuff... ^^
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 09:19:00 AM by Matuka »

prototstar

• Pit Drone
  • Texture Artist & Map Designer
    • My Devblog
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 09:11:45 AM »
Merry Christmas to everyone. Hope you're all having a safe and fun Christmas. :P (I'm also an Atheist.)
Well I didn't do the geo, so :v:.
And if I did, I would've modeled fucking everything.

Amateur Game Modder - http://tuningthedesign.blogspot.com/

JohnChronic

• Half-Life 1.5 Team
  • Black Op
  • Formerly Abyss 25
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 09:50:08 AM »
I IS CATHOLIC DO NOT CRUCIFY MEH PLZ.

Seriously, merry Christmas. JESUS LOVES YOU ALL.
Fairly pro texture artist.

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 11:17:54 AM »
Heres a fix for the SC server - it will restore correct movement to the "They Hunger" maps.  It also allows players to stick to their chosen model, and not be lumbered with the ugly "They Hunger" player models.

Anton

• Gman
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 12:39:55 PM »
uuh, it seems like I have golden uzis and the electric crowbar, is there an explanation for this?

Seems it only was when playing alone.. Also, fighting the Xen Commander in Stadium was really tough, very cool enemy/ally.

And also, the server is clogged with people that I have no idea who they are.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 01:27:12 PM by Anton »

Imperial Wizard

• BSR Team
  • Big Momma
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 01:02:24 PM »
asdf, constant crashing.
Ah?

D3ads

• Gman
  • Stoj! Opasna Zona!
    • Moddb Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2008, 04:19:04 PM »
Yeah yeah, happy "No different from any other day except that you get presents" day :P

JohnChronic

• Half-Life 1.5 Team
  • Black Op
  • Formerly Abyss 25
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2008, 04:37:55 PM »
Yeah yeah, happy "No different from any other day except that you get presents" day :P

That's only for the atheists. As a catholic I celebrate the birth of our lord Jesus Christ.

I believe in god the father almighty, creator of heaven and earth
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only son our lord
Who was conceived by the power of the holy spirit, and born of the virgin Mary.........

.....continues prayer at the horror of the Atheists.....

D3ads

• Gman
  • Stoj! Opasna Zona!
    • Moddb Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2008, 04:39:19 PM »
Did you just post something? All I can see is random babble...

Burd!

• Global Moderator
  • Gman
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2008, 04:40:20 PM »
Oh god, let's not get into a religious based interweb war on this...

C'mon guys, it's Christmas! Lighten up!

Greer

• Combine
  • That lil' robot fella
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2008, 04:44:46 PM »
I suggest to edit existing forum theme to suit christmas!
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury. Not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom. Good time to take...inventory."

JohnChronic

• Half-Life 1.5 Team
  • Black Op
  • Formerly Abyss 25
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2008, 05:48:24 PM »
Did you just post something? All I can see is random babble...

I simply explained why it's a special day.

Leska

• Angry Dyke
  • Baby Gargantua
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2008, 05:57:00 PM »
That's only for the atheists. As a catholic I celebrate the birth of our lord Jesus Christ.

The circumstances described actually place his birth at some time in early Fall. ;o

On that note, the Old Testament is a really awesome war book once you cut through the metaphor. 8D
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 06:00:24 PM by Rayne »

Trilkin

• HoE Project
  • Combine Captain
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2008, 06:20:18 PM »
Ah no, not another science versus religion spat.

I guess I might as well strike the iron while it's hot.

This is my observation, I'm not trying to offend anyone (except for the part on nihilists and the issue of good and evil).

I'm a Methodist, but I'm pretty open-minded. I take my first name from the found of the movement, John Wesley.

There will always be limits to what religion can explain and the same applies to science.

The problem with religion is that it rarely provides...what do call it? Empirical substantiation, I think.

The problem with science is that it can say how but it can't say why. You can say "why" doesn't matter, but in my opinion, it really.

Obsess too much with either and you  become fanatical and overlook the reason why both institutions exist in the first place: for us to enrich ourselves and bring our kind closer together.

On a similar note, to say something can't happen or does exist because it "can't be proven" is igorant beyond reason.

Religion is criticized because it relies on the absolute belief from its devotees. While there is a lot of truth to this, science, if taken too seriously, can become a religion of its own.

Relying too much on either is unwise.

However, nihilism sucks. No gods, no order, no such thing as good and evil, no right or wrong, nothing has any meaning. ZZZZ boring. If nothing has purposeful meaning, why do nihilists feel their opinion matters? No matter what you say, when you say nothing has meaning, you are still impressing your opinion - which is your perception built from your beliefs and sense of logic. Self-defeating, since logic/order "don't exist."

Oh, and evil is real. You can say that's a preconceived notion or a point of view, but you'll never change my mind.

I'll close on this note:

Whether you're religious or not, this little story might interest to you.
Recent well-substantiated studies have observed that subatomic particles react very differently when under the observation of humans, as opposed to observation by non-organic means.

To say life is trite and being alive makes no difference is a pathetic notion indeed.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND BEST OF WISHES TO YOU ALL
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 07:41:37 PM by Trilkin »

prototstar

• Pit Drone
  • Texture Artist & Map Designer
    • My Devblog
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2008, 07:48:55 PM »
Guys, shut it with religion craps already. You fellows won't get anywhere anyhow anytime so instead of wasting your time why not have a nice drink of Russian vodka or something?  ;)

I'm hoping to play SC 4.0 on HLC main server. :P

Edit: Cool people don't waste time arguing over religions.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 07:51:05 PM by prototstar »
Well I didn't do the geo, so :v:.
And if I did, I would've modeled fucking everything.

Amateur Game Modder - http://tuningthedesign.blogspot.com/

cSMG

• Zombie
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2008, 09:24:11 PM »
Merry Christmas, HLC people!  :sun:

Leska

• Angry Dyke
  • Baby Gargantua
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2008, 01:07:40 AM »
Merry Christmas, HLC people!  :sun:

If I didn't wake up at 3 AM, I might agree with ya. 8D
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 01:22:56 AM by Rayne »

Gravewrecker

• BSR Team
  • Pit Drone
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2008, 04:57:21 AM »
I just read something Captain Scarlet said on HIT, and I got somewhat concerned.

Yeah they released it before any mirrors got an email from Sven, as far as I and a few mirrors are concerned they leaked the download and then spammed IRC, then everyone started spamming there sites!!  Last release anyone doing that would have been banned from IRC.  I myself was told when to release and I stuck to it.

Is this true ?

Burd!

• Global Moderator
  • Gman
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2008, 05:10:18 AM »
What the fuck?

I was a bit concerned as to why we had SC4 downloadable earlier than everyone else, but spamming IRC?

Vulpine Complex

• Administrator
  • Black Op
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2008, 06:34:56 AM »
What the fuck?

I was a bit concerned as to why we had SC4 downloadable earlier than everyone else, but spamming IRC?

I did exactly what Editor said, and that was put the link up as soon as it was uploaded. That's it. I didn't even go into #svencoop until the mod was officially released.

Editor

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2008, 12:23:03 PM »
I just read something Captain Scarlet said on HIT, and I got somewhat concerned.

Yeah they released it before any mirrors got an email from Sven, as far as I and a few mirrors are concerned they leaked the download and then spammed IRC, then everyone started spamming there sites!!  Last release anyone doing that would have been banned from IRC.  I myself was told when to release and I stuck to it.

Is this true ?

That is hardly true. The file was uploaded by my PC then commence an automatic shutdown. I gave Ackart the folder where it would be uploaded and to post it on the files network when it was ready. Toadie gave me the mirror with no clear direction on when to put up the link on my end of things. I assumed the news post was going up right away as Toadie said he was typing it. Then I went to bed to wake up Christmas eve to Sven Coop 4.0 with no knowledge of a problem.

The link was never spammed by us or to my knowledge anyone else. If it was, they were not our people and quite frankly, nobody seems to care but a fist full of people. I haven't been contacted by Sven or Toadie on the subject. Its been downloaded 106 times from our mirror since its release, so hardly the mass leak people are making it out to be.

If the Sven Coop team have a problem with how things went down, I apologize and ask they seek me via email for a formal, written apology.

hydeph

• Zombie
    • hydeph
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2008, 06:39:06 PM »
Merry Christmas Happy Hanukkah Happy Kwanzaa

don't hate   

for great justice