News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: Operation Black Mesa recruiting  (Read 2456 times)

prototstar

• Zombie
  • Texture Artist & Map Designer
    • My Devblog
Operation Black Mesa recruiting
« on: January 05, 2009, 08:37:10 AM »
Since this is currently a small community I'm not expecting any one to join, but please, let those that are interested in looking for mod work know that we're looking for assistants.

Quote from: Brief Info
Mod: Operation Black Mesa
Type: Half Life 2 FPS - Opposing Force Remake
Player: Singleplayer & Multiplayer
Operation Black Mesa Team (2008-2009) is currently seeking individuals to assist in the development of our mod. We are active and progressing smoothly. The team is composed of amateur to advance members from Europe, US, and Canada. We're somewhat short on certain talent which is why we are recruiting.

OBM is looking for:
Texture artist - TOP PRIORITY
Model Designer
C++ Programmer [Unconfirm at the moment.]

* Be sure to have works to be shown.

We have few texture artists but majority of them are able to produce only world environment textures. Texture artist we are looking for is the one that can unwrap UV map and texture.

We're also looking for modeler designer, preferably those that can model organic or weapon. There are few weapons left to be model but a lot of organic models to be done. Not to mention props as well.

And lastly, our current programmer is slacking off or he's just too 'busy' playing his xbox 360 to care about the mod. OBM is looking for a programmer that's willing to put forth effort to help move the mod along. Tasks include getting placeholder Half Life  AI and weapons over to Source and then eventually moving on to more complex assignments.

Submit an application over at our forums and one of our member will give you a test assignment before letting you into the team.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 11:55:00 PM by Minuit »
Well I didn't do the geo, so :v:.
And if I did, I would've modeled fucking everything.

Amateur Game Modder - http://tuningthedesign.blogspot.com/

Gravewrecker

• BSR Team
  • Soldier
Re: Operatoin Black Mesa recruiting
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 03:09:30 PM »
I can skin (not too bad, but also not that well unfortunately), but I have no Idea of UV-mapping.

JohnChronic

• Half-Life 1.5 Team
  • Pit Drone
  • Formerly Abyss 25
Re: Operatoin Black Mesa recruiting
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 08:17:54 PM »
I can texture stuffs. Organic and metal and fabric and stone and others, just not wood so much but I can learn. Here's some stuff, it's not much but I deleted all my other stuff except my latest work in a routine clean up. I can also model and texture simple models. Scope and shotgun are all done by me and that hand is a heavily modified and remapped mesh from Stalker: SoC.
Fairly pro texture artist.

prototstar

• Zombie
  • Texture Artist & Map Designer
    • My Devblog
Re: Operation Black Mesa recruiting
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 08:44:52 AM »
Sorry for a bit late response, my pc was getting BSOD'd, just managed to repair it an hour ago. I'll go ahead and discuss with the team. Grave, do you have any works for us to see? It'll help us decide. :)

I'll get back to you to asap when we have an answer.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 11:54:26 PM by Minuit »
Well I didn't do the geo, so :v:.
And if I did, I would've modeled fucking everything.

Amateur Game Modder - http://tuningthedesign.blogspot.com/

Gravewrecker

• BSR Team
  • Soldier
Re: Operation Black Mesa recruiting
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 10:05:06 PM »
'course I got some stuff, though it was all made for goldsource, I don't know whether that's a problem.

Check your pms.

^_^
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 11:55:21 PM by Minuit »