News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: For Hire  (Read 1922 times)

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
For Hire
« on: April 08, 2009, 10:33:03 AM »
Copy and paste FOAR HIRE

For Hire is a Cooperative Tactical/Stealth Shooter for the Source 2007 engine with other small influences from other subgenres. Move around in open terrain in a variety of locations with a customisable weapons set. From sound suppressors, to Infra Red Optics, For Hire caters to most every style of tactical gameplay.

Features:

1. Customizable weapons - toggle a range of attachments with weaponry. One attachment may work with a multitude of different weapons. Attachments on offer include silencers, scopes, aimpoints, and vertical grips.
2. Improved player movement - No longer do you feel like a camera mounted on a cloud.
3. Open World Environments - Move around using the environment to your advantage and tackle the enemy the way you want to, but beware they could do the same and outflank you!
4. Cash-based economy - Earn your keep and pay your way through the game.
5. Realistically modelled firearms - weapons recoil and handle realistically. All bullets from both players and NPCS are going to leave some serious damage.

Some old media:

Da Fat Cat

• Soldier
Re: For Hire
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 09:31:14 PM »
It sounds and looks great, reminds me of Far Cry 2.  I just hope you don't go crazy with the realism and ruin the fun of the mod.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 11:47:23 PM by Da Fat Cat »
...I remember my early puberty, used to masturbate to the newly released HD model pack that came with the Half-Life Blue Shift video game.

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 09:53:27 PM »

We'll be going for a good mix of realism and fun, theres no sense in spoiling gameplay!  I won't let the cat out of the bag yet, but more details on weaponry will come in due course.

Da Fat Cat

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 11:49:42 PM »
Oh, you are making this mod?

Can't wait to see more guns and junk :D
...I remember my early puberty, used to masturbate to the newly released HD model pack that came with the Half-Life Blue Shift video game.

JohnChronic

• Half-Life 1.5 Team
  • Pit Drone
  • Formerly Abyss 25
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 12:38:19 AM »
Sup mah bitches?

Fairly pro texture artist.

Burd!

• Global Moderator
  • Big Momma
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 01:10:41 AM »
Did you do that in Marmoset?

JohnChronic

• Half-Life 1.5 Team
  • Pit Drone
  • Formerly Abyss 25
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 01:12:20 AM »
Nah, marmoset is a game engine, not a proper renderer.
Fairly pro texture artist.

James

• Administrator
  • Big Momma
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 04:11:13 AM »
Too much specular. Judging from the grunge, it's a little damaged and therefore the wood would most likely have lost its initial "freshly made" shine. Looks great otherwise.