News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: [CSS] zm_dustpanic  (Read 1859 times)

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
[CSS] zm_dustpanic
« on: June 09, 2009, 03:18:01 PM »
I got soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fed up with the original zm_lilapanic map that I decided to remake it.  But as ever one thing led to another and I radically altered the design :P 

I started working on this last Friday - it's pretty much complete, I just need to add details here and there, a 3D skybox, maybe a better 2D skybox (looks so bright bleached whatever I do), tidy up some of the brushwork, fix up the road (blergh), also cubemaps.

Features awesomely good lag control which most ZM maps lack; awesome colour correction (woooooo!); awesome "dust" theme which makes a change from the usual grey boring concrete; awesome new layout which is nicely balanced for CTs/zombs =D

These are just pictures from the first compile.  I should have some tighter ones up later.

Burd!

• Global Moderator
  • Big Momma
Re: [CSS] zm_dustpanic
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 07:54:41 PM »
Wow! Amazing work SaxonSwine! Lovin' this new sunset desert theme, looks ravishing.

James

• Administrator
  • Big Momma
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 07:57:18 PM »
On the 2nd screenshot, what is the line between the slope and the flat bit of the road? Might want to fix that up, looks pretty distracting.

Matuka

• Hosted
  • Soldier
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 09:13:24 PM »
Need's s'um Anti-Filtering @ High. :D
J/k, looking great thus far, looking forward to it.

prototstar

• Zombie
  • Texture Artist & Map Designer
    • My Devblog
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 09:19:40 PM »
Looking great! Loving that color correction but.. what's with the slope and the path? Needs displacement, NOAW.
Well I didn't do the geo, so :v:.
And if I did, I would've modeled fucking everything.

Amateur Game Modder - http://tuningthedesign.blogspot.com/

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 10:37:18 AM »
Thanks guys :)

I have fixed up that displacement there - I've got rid of the road since it looked pretty balls when it curved round (when I checked de_dust yesterday the roads are just straight lines.  IMHO Source doesn't do roads too well).
I just won't bother with a road full stop :P

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 06:55:44 PM »
Updated pictures... having some wierd issue with the color_correction entitiy not working correctly.  I think I know whats causing it though :]

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 07:02:31 PM »
Also - I'm having some trouble with cubemaps not doing anything.  I've placed loads of them around my map, I've run buildcubemaps ingame using the console, reloaded the map... but nothing seems to happen!  I haven't had this problem before with Source when using cubemaps.

The main problem is getting this horrible blue texture rendering on all glossmapped textures (see the first pic below).

Anyone know what the solution is?

Fixed

Also the map is released - go here now http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/98247
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 03:58:31 PM by SaxonSwine »