News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: [HL2] Development  (Read 2025 times)

Mapster

• Roach
    • Wireframe Maps
[HL2] Development
« on: June 14, 2009, 02:48:00 PM »
Here is a mod I've been working on for some time now, it's a a mod made completely out of dev textures. The Props, weapons and npcs are all going to be made to fit in with the textures but will not be made to look like they are unfinished.

Staring at the tiled ceiling, wondering why you had to pull the trigger that night. Rolling out of bed and looking around the room at the small artifacts you have left from once called home.
Standing up and walking out of the cell to the door revealing a huge prison full of guards overwatching the prisoners. Walking out of the cell and heading down the cat walk, you hear someone whispering something to you..

"I hear they are taking us away from the prison for some sort of experiment, we have a plan on getting out of here but you have to pitch in or we are all fucked"

Development is a half-life 2 modification purely made out of dev textures of which the player takes place in a combine prison where you live the life as an ordinary prisoner, until you are told of human DNA experimentation going on behind the locked doors of which the prisoners are used as test subjects.
Do not take a step into the laboratory unless you wish to be eaten by something more than just a zombie.

Here's a few images that i put on moddb.

Not much to really show off i really only have maps to show off as well as decals that aren't all that exciting to post; but I'll be posting some more interesting pictures when i can get some weapons, enemies and things like that done.

Anyways the moddb page shows more stuff: http://www.moddb.com/mods/development

Life, Dealth... There is no end

D3ads

• Baby Gargantua
  • Stoj! Opasna Zona!
    • Moddb Profile
Re: [HL2] Development
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 03:42:02 PM »
I'm not really sure what to make of that, on one hand you get thumbs up for being original in the theme, but sometimes originality doesn't always automatically mean "good" but I guess I'll have to see how this develops.

Welcome to HLC anyway :)

Mapster

• Roach
    • Wireframe Maps
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 03:49:06 AM »
Cheers, well these are only just parts of what I'm planning to do with the mod as enemies will be completly different as will be the weapons which I'm trying my best to make decent models of.

prototstar

• Zombie
  • Texture Artist & Map Designer
    • My Devblog
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 06:25:51 AM »
Ah, a mod I've been tracking for past several weeks! The mapping look superb and unique unlike other HL2 SP mods. Loving the DOOM3 theme. :)
Well I didn't do the geo, so :v:.
And if I did, I would've modeled fucking everything.

Amateur Game Modder - http://tuningthedesign.blogspot.com/

Mapster

• Roach
    • Wireframe Maps
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 12:27:18 AM »
Thanks prototstar :)

We've released a big update consisting of bump mapping, story line change, a podcast and a first gimps of the pit chapter.