News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: Divide by Zero mod  (Read 2769 times)

prototstar

• Zombie
  • Texture Artist & Map Designer
    • My Devblog
Divide by Zero mod
« on: October 04, 2009, 07:00:36 PM »
http://www.moddb.com/mods/dividebyzero

Check this mod out if some of you haven't. Their media look amazing and I kinda like the fact that it is set in Moscow, Russia and not the Central Europe or ex-Soviet countries like many other failed mods. They're planning to remake the monsters from original HL1 as well. Plus bunch of nice sexy weapons. What more could you ask?
Well I didn't do the geo, so :v:.
And if I did, I would've modeled fucking everything.

Amateur Game Modder - http://tuningthedesign.blogspot.com/

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
Re: Divide by Zero mod
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 08:09:42 PM »
Ahh I remember seeing this mod a while ago.  I remember thinking it looked pretty good at the time, but looking at it now it looks decidedly average.

Sure the mapping is OK, but nothing really jumps out and grabs my attention.  The weapons are fine I guess, but seem like the usual Soviet arsenal misplaced into the HL universe (yeah I know it's meant to be Russia, but couldn't they at least use an Akaban instead of an AK?)

Florence

• Half-Life 1.5 Team
  • Zombie
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 08:35:37 PM »
Ahh I remember seeing this mod a while ago.  I remember thinking it looked pretty good at the time, but looking at it now it looks decidedly average.

Sure the mapping is OK, but nothing really jumps out and grabs my attention.  The weapons are fine I guess, but seem like the usual Soviet arsenal misplaced into the HL universe (yeah I know it's meant to be Russia, but couldn't they at least use an Akaban instead of an AK?)
Get out of here stalker.
"You think being gay is a choice? Then choose it: Suck my dick. Show me how it's done. You choose it - suck my dick - right now, and I'll videotape it, and then we'll put the proof that being gay is a choice on the internet for the whole world to see. Deal?"
-Dan Savage

D3ads

• Baby Gargantua
  • Stoj! Opasna Zona!
    • Moddb Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 09:09:21 AM »
lol you mean AN94 Alex, Akaban is a made-up name for STALKER :P I'm actually going to have an Ak47 AND an AN94 in Outpost, how do you like them apples?

I've seen this mod, the only thing that really impresses me about it is the character models, some of which look fantastic but nothing much else, although the Hungarian buses look kinda cool. Some bits of it remind me of the STALKER alpha with the train wagons and rain...

toadie

• Global Moderator
  • Black Op
  • Terrible artist, Animator and Programmer.
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 09:28:24 AM »
lol you mean AN94 Alex, Akaban is a made-up name for STALKER :P I'm actually going to have an Ak47 AND an AN94 in Outpost, how do you like them apples?

I've seen this mod, the only thing that really impresses me about it is the character models, some of which look fantastic but nothing much else, although the Hungarian buses look kinda cool. Some bits of it remind me of the STALKER alpha with the train wagons and rain...
Actually, Abakan is a legit nickname given to the Nikonov AN-94 by soldiers (much like the FAMAS got the nickname Clarion for it's bugle-like shape)
The more you know

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 11:15:51 AM »
I thought I was going mad for a second :X  I was sure I had heard the name long before STALKER.
Somehow a name like Abakan is more memorable than a gun code, so thats what I remember that weapon as.

Well I guess it's pretty cool to hear you'll have that rifle in your mod D3ads ;)

D3ads

• Baby Gargantua
  • Stoj! Opasna Zona!
    • Moddb Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 02:30:21 PM »
Wikipedia didn't mention that when I was reading up on it... :suicide:

[edit]Oh yeah.. I needed a replacement for the shitty Mp5 and that's perfect since it has a grenade launcher.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 02:46:59 PM by D3ads »

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 02:54:53 PM »
Orly?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN-94_Abakan

I realise I'm taking this way off topic here, but how are you planning on fixing up weapon handling - like CS or old HL style?

@$#%

• Gargantua
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 05:23:47 PM »

Heh, funny, of all the things, the character models were the only thing that to me seemed mediocre to decent, everything else I think is very well done and of consistent quality. The males look okay (maybe the commander-stare type dude looks a little too much like The Rock), but the women, not only both look the same, but the potato-like noses and librarian mouths are just pee-yuck. And the tight jeans and red shirt one, I find repulsive entirely.

Imperial Wizard

• BSR Team
  • Pit Drone
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 05:37:11 PM »
At least they didn't reskin the hl2 citizens.
Ah?

D3ads

• Baby Gargantua
  • Stoj! Opasna Zona!
    • Moddb Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 11:46:56 PM »
Orly?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN-94_Abakan

I realise I'm taking this way off topic here, but how are you planning on fixing up weapon handling - like CS or old HL style?

I must have been in a daze at work when reading that D;

Um, just supposed to use Paranoia ironsights code which uses similar effects to CS so I guess it'll be like that. I think there's a file that can be modified for that somewhere.