News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: Tactical Vampire Extermination Squad  (Read 2575 times)

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
Tactical Vampire Extermination Squad
« on: November 13, 2009, 11:59:14 AM »
So I've been baking this idea in the back of my mind for a while now, I finally think I've got it nailed :3
Basically this is just in the concept stage at the moment, but it should be rapidly developed into something - all I need is a coder to help me realize the awesomeness!

The idea in question is as the title suggests: "Tactical Vampire Extermination Squad", emphasis on tactical and vampires.  The plan at the moment is for it to be entirely multiplayer with 2 teams - Vampire and SFODD, each side having its own perks against the other.

At the start of each round 1 Vampire would spawn - their job is to kill as many SFODD members as possible and convert them to your army of the undead.  The objective of SFODD is either to exterminate the Vampire or to survive the round.

What will set this apart from other zombie/vampire themed games will be the abilities of a given Vampire: they have the ability to fly for a limited time; they can 'shadowdance' to dodge bullets; they can sprint at great speed (but at a cost of health); they can regenerate health with each successful kill they make; by pressing the Crouch key then the Jump key a vampire can jump double the usual height.
If a Vampire claws an enemy soldier to death, that soldier then becomes a vampire too (sort of like zombie mod for CS).

The point of this all is to ensure that vampires are balanced enough for melee based combat, plus it would make them shit scary.

To tackle vampires, SFODD have a range of gear and weaponry including ARs, SMGs, Sniper Rifles, Explosives, Shotguns, etc.  ARs and SMGs can be fitted with a reflex sight and a silencer OR a scope, additionally all weapons have laser sights.
I'm also considering the option of some weapons having a heartbeat sensor (though this may be excessive).
It's also worth noting that SFODD would have map specific player skins (not done by coding or scripts either >;D )

There would be 3 gameplay types: survival; escape; elimate.
Survival would simply be about SFODD pitching up a survival spot to camp in.
Escape would require SFODD to escape from a vampire.
Whilst elimination would require SFODD to infiltrate a building and hunt down a vampire.

That is the mod concept in a nutshell!  Not much would be needed graphically for the mod since it would use the CSS GCF, utlizing many of the props, character models, textures and so forth.  Equally this would mean people who have made maps for CSS could re-use their maps in this mod.

I have a tonne of audio which could be used and my own maps, all I need is a coder who would be confident about coding in the Vampire side as described above!  They would also need to code in weaponry with ironsights / etc.
If anyone would be interested in donating a map, or making a special map, please post in the thread!

Apologies for the lack of pictures, I have to leave for the weekend in a minute.  I just had to post this idea before I left.

Imperial Wizard

• BSR Team
  • Pit Drone
Re: Tactical Vampire Extermination Squad
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 04:09:06 PM »
So, if it uses the css gfc, would that mean we could use custom css models  :neckbeard:?
Ah?

Simon

• BSR Team
  • Baby Gargantua
  • Whiskey brony
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 04:36:08 PM »
You should probably take a look at vampire the masquerade (the paper rpg not the videogames) there is already tons of artwork, weapons and vampire skills that may give you some ideas, also there are wampire hunter in the game and the whole is pretty well balanced
Might be a nice idea

SPRKH

• Cry of Fear Team
  • Big Momma
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 04:40:42 PM »
I'm also considering the option of some weapons having a heartbeat sensor (though this may be excessive).

Vampires don't have a heartbeat, nerd.

D3ads

• Baby Gargantua
  • Stoj! Opasna Zona!
    • Moddb Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 08:03:30 PM »
I can't actually tell if you're being serious or not Alex... D:

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 09:22:30 PM »

Vampires don't have a heartbeat, nerd.

Oh yeah. FORKS :'(  I was thinking of CSSZM where you can get one :3

I can't actually tell if you're being serious or not Alex... D:
The mod idea is rather cheesy I know, and the mod wouldn't be taking itself at all seriously.  But I'm dead serious about the mod, I'm sure it would be a lot of fun ;)

So, if it uses the css gfc, would that mean we could use custom css models  :neckbeard:?
As in custom weapon models?  I'm not planning to use the CSS arsenal, nor will the view models use left-hand arrangement.  The weapons will mostly be NATO ones.
As for player models I might need to re-rig the CSS player models to the HL2DM skeleton for the sake of simplicity.

You should probably take a look at vampire the masquerade (the paper rpg not the videogames) there is already tons of artwork, weapons and vampire skills that may give you some ideas, also there are wampire hunter in the game and the whole is pretty well balanced
Might be a nice idea
Interesting :D  I was kind of just thinking I would make some cheap hack for the vampire model, probably based on the L33T model (mod it to give him a cape or some shit).  I'll take a look at the skills for stealing.  I mean inspiration :V

James

• Administrator
  • Big Momma
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 07:37:29 AM »
I might be able to provide some brvtal vox for the vampires, if you want them sounding all grim and Cookie Monster that is.

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 04:20:45 PM »
=O

Yes please!  I wasn't looking forward to doing those myself... mostly because I wasn't sure how to go about making them.

Just finished mixing my weapon sounds - which include silenced shotguns.  The sounds are sexy too =D  PING PING PING