News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: [WIP] ze_saxon  (Read 1644 times)

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
[WIP] ze_saxon
« on: November 25, 2009, 09:23:31 AM »
NEW MAP WITH EGOTISTICAL NAEM.

Basically the map I'm working on is set in a Car Park which Counter Terrorists and Zombies can roam around. At the moment all the players start on the bottom floor of the car park (sort of like 4way) and go from there to whatever camping position they want to go to.

I'm tempted to make this a ZE map, with the CTs escaping to a choppah on the roof. But I'm not sure whether it's worth doing that.

Besides, this map has an awesome new addition which would go unnoticed on most ZE servers... this map has new guns. NEW GUNS.
I don't mean simple model replacements, but all new guns which act differently to existing ones. The new guns in question being an M60, M16, G3 battle rifle, M14-DMR, USAS, Raging Bull, and an MP7. (these will be compiled into the map so that both server and player see them) I have also taken the trouble to add the weapons to the buyscreens.

I was wanting to add more weapons but I don't want the BSP size to be ridiculously big. Also I had wanted to add an RPG or Grenade Launcher, but I can only add Rifles/SMGs/Pistols/Shotguns :/

Anyway, if someone can help me by rigging some weapon models together that would be a huge help.  I have a nice pile of low-poly weapons which just need hacking onto pre-existing animation sets (no arm hacks required).

Plox note, these are early screens.  I haven't started detailing the map at all yet.

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
Re: [WIP] ze_saxon
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 04:45:13 AM »
Teensy veensy oopdaat...

I've added colour correction and various extra details around the map. 
I'm thinking of setting this in Mid-western USA, so when I add the skybox I'm going to try and add some Vegas style shizzle.

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 08:55:03 AM »
Looks very nice, i am looking forward to the new guns you are talking about.

Thanks!  The new weapons will appear once I have some models ready.

I've fixed up a proper skybox now, which seams with the world geometry :D

Matuka

• Hosted
  • Big Momma
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 01:32:17 PM »
Looks great!