News: Celebrating over 10 years serving the creative community

Author Topic: Half-Life UD (Ultra-Definition)  (Read 95027 times)

M3 Luck3y Charms

• Soldier
  • They're always after me lucky charms....
Half-Life UD (Ultra-Definition)
« on: December 06, 2009, 01:44:06 AM »
I've been working on a project for a few months of  to replace your boring, old, High-Definition Models with something I like to call, Realism. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE alot of your HD packs out there on the forums of HL Creations, Sven, and whatnot. But i think I'll add a bit of spice up on my WiP pack. This model pack replaces all models for Half-Life, Opfor, and Blue-Shift. But I also intend to replace models for these mods. Azure Sheep, Point of View, Sweet Half-Life, Escape, Case Closed, Decay, and my most favorite, Residual Point. Since Gman's Golden Model pack is somewhat either incomplete, or it taking a while to finish, I think i'll do my Ultimate Pack for Half-Life and it's Mods.

Well what are you intending to replace, Luck3y Charms?

Well, I intend to replace, yes, of course models. Sounds for Realistic effects like real sounding gunfire, And misc.

The HECU's from what i understand are the United States Marine Corps or at least a special branch from it or departed from it. Which means they would be wearing the standard desert MARPAT since Black Mesa is located in the middle of the hot friggin desert!!. I don't understand why Valve and Gearbox made them wear WHITE Urban Camo out in the middle of the desert. I know Black Mesa battles take place indoors, But 1, The Marines dont have the Urban MARPAT as of yet, and even if they did, they probably wouldn't waste time trying to gather Urban camo to take them inside a facility. 2. Arn't they sent in to silence everything in the facility? so they wouldn't care about stealth? Another thing that gets on my nerves is that Marines dont wear Berets. They wear the pointed field caps. Also, Marines are not, i repeat, ARE NOT allowed to have a friggin beard! *glares at the SAW and Torch models*. Standard Marine regulations. Hell, I'm in JROTC and we're not even allowed to have any facial hairs, so i doubt that the most hardcore branch in the military are allowed to have a god damn beard. Also, Marines don't have Medics, they have Navy Corpsmen (well, it's the same thing, but Medics are Army) They also are suppose to look like their Marine counter-parts. I so taken the liberty of skining them to look like your average grunt.

Since the Grunts fire burst modes, i think a M16 fits well, dont you?

I don't understand why Valve gave the Osprey desert camo, when the Marines paint their aircrafts gray. I Also will NEVER understand why Valve make two bigass doors  on the fuselage. Real Ospreys don't have that, which is why I love BM:S' osprey so much. But since Valve coded the troops to repel at the sides....I guess we'll have to settle for it...I Also skinned The Osprey to a gray like it should be. I know it's not the best, but some help would be appreciated.  

I skinned the Black Mesian Security guards with Water Phoenix skin, to make it look a lil more Black Mesa Source-ish. I think it's a fine touch.

I Hacked a Vest to Kate since the original model looked so un-professional.

I'm surprised no one's done this yet.

The Special Forces from Azure Sheep. I kinda liked these, but look like they could use a little more improvement. Still feels like these guys are missing something.

Ok, now i'm just going to do some old screen shots that i thought were worth while. These are some old stuff guys and i'm not sure if i still even have them. So don't get worked up.

Old, I don't even have half of these anymore.

And Now for some LOLS

The real reason why i didn't vote for John McCain.

Thank you for your time. Let me know what you think of the pack so far. Critisizm is always welcomed.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 06:07:15 AM by M3 Luck3y Charms »

SPRKH

• Cry of Fear Team
  • Gman
Re: Half-Life UD (Ultra-Definition)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 03:05:29 AM »
Looks a bit Ultra, bro.

James

• Administrator
  • Gman
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 04:43:46 AM »
Looking good, but you've got texture misalignment on a lot of the models. See that their eyes are crossed, or there are black lines along their cheeks? Open up the model in Milkshape, select all groups and hit ctrl+t. Then move all the vertices back to the right so it better aligns with the texture. Every time you decompile a model for HL, a bug will cause them to move all the texture UVs like 2 pixels to the right, so that needs to be taken care of.

M3 Luck3y Charms

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 06:25:41 AM »
Looking good, but you've got texture misalignment on a lot of the models. See that their eyes are crossed, or there are black lines along their cheeks? Open up the model in Milkshape, select all groups and hit ctrl+t. Then move all the vertices back to the right so it better aligns with the texture. Every time you decompile a model for HL, a bug will cause them to move all the texture UVs like 2 pixels to the right, so that needs to be taken care of.

Noted. Will fix.

I've been experimenting with Romka's lastest Hgrunt. Must say, I really love the gasmask head. So i hacked it on my hgrunt to see what i looks like. Looks good, but i don't like the helmet.

A Hgrunt torch. Planned for the Egged grunt for PoV.

I noticed the helmets from the hgrunts look a little too round. So I decided to hack Paranoia's Special Forces helmet onto all the helmeted HECUs to see what it looks like. Might try another helmet. Also, I'm going to try and use Romka's New Hgrunt bodies for Op4. No One's done this, so i think i'll give it a try.

SD Otis, rigged with LD animations since i have no idea how to animate. Planned for Blue Shift.

I hacked the HoE: Napalm kate onto the Azure Sheep kate, if you guys don't mind. I'll make sure to give credits.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 06:28:39 AM by M3 Luck3y Charms »

Steel

• Zombie
  • Sven Co-op Testing Team
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 08:11:31 AM »
That all looks pretty must-have.
Have you already thought of releasing? ;)

James

• Administrator
  • Gman
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 09:25:28 AM »
The helmet looks too big for her head, and it's too high up. Lower it and shrink it a little, and it'll be better. Looks a bit ridiculous at the moment.

M3 Luck3y Charms

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 04:48:30 PM »
It's been a hard, brutal, bloody, nightmare-ish day, but i finally have gotten satisfying results for decompiling Romka's hgrunts to op4. Still, not the best, but it'll do. I gotten a new helmet for the grunts from CoD4. fits nicely with them. I Also got rid of the m16, and replaced it with EoD's m4. Might change it later on again. Also, changed the spas-12 with Twinkie's M3 Benelli shotgun. I know, It's HARD to have a half-life game without the spas-12, it's sexy, it's beastly, it even radiates sexy. But all Military and Law enforcements switched to the Benelli series after 2000 when the spas 12 got rolled out. I think i'll make two versions of the grunts holding the spas or the benelli.

Residual Point ngrunts

Ingame shots

Ignore texture misallignment. Fixed it.

OLD ingame shots (well...just earlier today) contained the "old" helmet from earlier. Wasn't really working out.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 04:52:51 PM by M3 Luck3y Charms »

toadie

• Global Moderator
  • Combine Captain
  • Terrible artist, Animator and Programmer.
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 05:56:58 PM »
Sir, you are abusing smoothing left right and center. Not kidding, there is enough broken smoothing on these to make me vomit.
Plus, COD4 SAW I can see there.
And no US military unit EVER used SPAS12s as their issued shotgun, ever. Just throwin it out there.

M3 Luck3y Charms

• Soldier
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 06:02:04 PM »
And no US military unit EVER used SPAS12s as their issued shotgun, ever. Just throwin it out there.

wow...that just totally raped my childhood

Matuka

• Hosted
  • Big Momma
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 01:36:42 PM »
Pretty sure I've seen you on facepunch(Just saying, fsajal being your Avatar)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 12:27:07 AM by Matuka »

M3 Luck3y Charms

• Soldier
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 05:07:54 PM »

Vasquez's helmet for the recon grunt. It actually fits well. Will settle for it.

New backpack for the hgrunts

SPRKH

• Cry of Fear Team
  • Gman
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 01:16:45 AM »
copyright infringement

noun
a violation of the rights secured by a copyright

Vulpine Complex

• Administrator
  • Black Op
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 01:23:20 AM »
Why on EARTH has no-one made any new faces for HL1 models? I'm so sick and tired of seeing hacks of the "SD" face models. They look terrible! No one has that kind of facial structure - no one.

Simon

• BSR Team
  • Gman
  • Whiskey brony
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2009, 02:08:32 AM »
Why on EARTH has no-one made any new faces for HL1 models? I'm so sick and tired of seeing hacks of the "SD" face models. They look terrible! No one has that kind of facial structure -
Because of the fucking animation skeleton ?

M3 Luck3y Charms

• Soldier
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2009, 03:42:54 AM »

Is that better?

James

• Administrator
  • Gman
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2009, 04:15:25 AM »

Uh... Lol?

SPRKH

• Cry of Fear Team
  • Gman
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2009, 04:47:47 AM »
Why on EARTH has no-one made any new faces for HL1 models? I'm so sick and tired of seeing hacks of the "SD" face models. They look terrible! No one has that kind of facial structure - no one.

Seeing rehashes using the same old pudgy Marine base model GRINDS MY GEARS.

M3 Luck3y Charms

• Soldier
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2009, 05:02:54 AM »

Seeing rehashes using the same old pudgy Marine base model GRINDS MY GEARS.
heheh...havn't heard that term in a while

Simon

• BSR Team
  • Gman
  • Whiskey brony
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2009, 06:46:40 AM »

Uh... Lol?
Yeah you know because of that it force the eyes and the mouth to be always at the exact same place

Alex

• For Hire A
  • Gman
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2009, 06:51:56 AM »
Is that better?

Somewhat better, though the UVs and smoothing still really suck.  Especially on that middle guy :X

Yeah you know because of that it force the eyes and the mouth to be always at the exact same place
You can move the position of the mouth, it doesn't really matter too much.  If you move the eyes, you're best to assign them to the head bone.

Because no one cares about HL1 modelling anymore?  TBH I don't want to make models for HL1, you can always be sure someone will snaffle them up and post pictures of them on MODDB.  "Derp, making mods for HL1 is easy!  Check out these models I collected, derp".

M3 Luck3y Charms

• Soldier
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2009, 04:23:36 PM »
the op4 old cmdr. new helmet texture and with a shotgun

« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 04:30:21 PM by M3 Luck3y Charms »

Editor

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2009, 05:44:58 PM »
M4 doesn't look quite to scale.

M3 Luck3y Charms

• Soldier
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2009, 11:37:57 AM »
the blk ops new helmet.

Editor

• Administrator
  • Gman
  • Some nerd
    • Half-Life Creations
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2009, 04:19:10 PM »

toadie

• Global Moderator
  • Combine Captain
  • Terrible artist, Animator and Programmer.
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2009, 04:43:19 PM »
M4 isn't to scale at all.
Also, are those blackops heads from MW2? If so, I want D:

M3 Luck3y Charms

• Soldier
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2009, 07:30:20 AM »
M4 isn't to scale at all.
Also, are those blackops heads from MW2? If so, I want D:

In due time my friend.

I hacked a radio on the barney to make it look like BMS'. Think i'll use new textures

M3 Luck3y Charms

• Soldier
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2009, 10:04:44 PM »
Some textures i'm working on. Need some SERIOUS help. I think it looks good so far....eh....but i like the quality on the source engine much better. As i said, much help would be appreciated. anyone know of a good half life wad file?

James

• Administrator
  • Gman
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2009, 07:55:25 AM »
Those M4s are still looking tiny. However, here's a link for some better textures:

http://www.interlopers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=31329

M3 Luck3y Charms

• Soldier
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2009, 09:13:25 AM »
Those M4s are still looking tiny. However, here's a link for some better textures:

http://www.interlopers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=31329

thanks a bunch, james. the textures look badass.

PS: I will get to the m4 eventually

Edit: Ok....I can't seem to replace the tram, flipsigns and misc textures in the wally file. Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 09:33:12 AM by M3 Luck3y Charms »

James

• Administrator
  • Gman
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2009, 10:40:00 AM »
How do you mean? Will Wally not let you replace the textures, or do you mean the textures don't show up ingame once you've changed them?